_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Plastic Alert!!!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 01:18 PM UTC
Guys...

this is what i got from Evergreen Plastics when i have a little inquiry with them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International sales for EVERGREEN are handled through a network of authorized distributors and dealers. We are presently seeking to establish a distributor in your market. At the current time our records indicate that the following distributor has a pending offer:

Multifilla (M) sdn.
1, Jalan 2/2 Taman Industry Selesa
Selesa Jaya, Balakong
Selangor DE 43300
Malaysia

Phone: (60) 3 8961 3686
Fax: (60) 3 8961 3637
e-mail: [email protected]
URL: www.multifilla.com

Attention: Mr. B. W. Leong

Please contact the above firm and advise them of your interest, as we are confident that they will take your request into consideration. If the above firm does not decide to take up the representation of this product line, we would suggest that you check our website at www.hobby-exporter.com for the names of other EVERGREEN distributors, which are being established on an ongoing basis.

one thing for sure when i got the email is " No, no them again..." anyway, if they're approved then we dont have to worry more. Beachbum will have a good night sleep over this news.... i just hope they dont sell it too damn expensive just like what happen to our local dealer of Plastruct!

be prepare/// perhaps if someone drop by Multifilla could get their answer!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 04:15 PM UTC
Thanks for the heads-up Boss but I hate to break it to you but Multifilla sells them in very large sheets and of course way too expensive. I've only seen the 1mm sheets I think sometime back. They do sell some what appears to be acrylic sticks in square, rectangle, H-channel and I-channel shapes though. Small enough for doing scratchbuilding but again everything there is on the costly side.

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier although I've known about it for some time. Smaller and relatively cheaper 1 mm sheets can occassionally be gotten from Hilmi @ Kg. Baru shop.

Apparently stryene if I'm not mistaken is most likely known as HDPE plastic in this country and its used for signage boards and such.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 04:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the heads-up Boss but I hate to break it to you but Multifilla sells them in very large sheets and of course way too expensive. I've only seen the 1mm sheets I think sometime back. They do sell some what appears to be acrylic sticks in square, rectangle, H-channel and I-channel shapes though. Small enough for doing scratchbuilding but again everything there is on the costly side.

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier although I've known about it for some time. Smaller and relatively cheaper 1 mm sheets can occassionally be gotten from Hilmi @ Kg. Baru shop.

Apparently stryene if I'm not mistaken is most likely known as HDPE plastic in this country and its used for signage boards and such.

CK,
yeah..they sell lot of thing with price marked up to more than 200%...i witness a 1'x1' acrylics plastic sold for RM75 per peice while i can buy larger sheet 4'x8' for only Rm90.. that's why i never visit them again... too mahal to buy...in fact lebih mahal compare if u get them on the internet.......

the truth is, i contacted evergreen plastics to ask them about how to become a dealer or distributor for malaysia.. that;s is their reply.. pitty me.. i have a few friend who're willing to give me some capital to move. but now i dont know what else to do.. multifilla is killing us hobbyist..

last time i spoke with Helmi, they still havent got full stock of plastics... i need lot of strips in tube or rod for my next project...they have sheet only........ but lucky a friend of mine will bring home from the US next week.......

HDPE = high density polyethelyne

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 05:02 PM UTC
Boss if you still need rods, Multifilla does have those acrylic rods and some pretty small bore (1mm at least) brass rods. They're hollow too. As usual a bit costly. Let's hope your friend comes back with what you need.

Just out of curiosity, what are you scratchbuilding? BTW did you get my little note on face painting in the other post in Introductions?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 07:18 PM UTC
thanks for the info CK..anyway i will needed a few of small diameter rod and tube... plus a hell lots of I-beams..
i working on a classified project... haha...
it's just an idea which i got over the years and now i think of doing it!

what notes?? figure painting?? hmm i cant recall any..but i will check them later

got to go

Quoted Text

Boss if you still need rods, Multifilla does have those acrylic rods and some pretty small bore (1mm at least) brass rods. They're hollow too. As usual a bit costly. Let's hope your friend comes back with what you need.

Just out of curiosity, what are you scratchbuilding? BTW did you get my little note on face painting in the other post in Introductions?

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 12:58 PM UTC
Just came back from Multifilla, and their Evergreen consignment has been delayed. Will inform you guys and gal once I get a call from Multifilla.

BTW, is there a difference in price for Milliput Yellow-Grey and Superfine White? Singapore is offering Milliput Yellow Grey for SIN8.90 and Malaysia is quoting Superfine White for MYR35.
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 04:09 PM UTC
Argrillion last I checked with Multifilla which was awhile back , it was RM 35 irrespective of the grades. Haven't used mine yet as I find the AB epoxy from hardware stores okay in terms of grain size and workability for my current purposes. Best of all it costs around RM5.50 only.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 12:57 PM UTC
Hey Beachbum, that is cost savings. BTW, I am interested in casting some concrete-like road barricades (those red-white plastic barricades found beside construction sites). Would you recommend plaster-of-paris or epoxy on styrofoam?
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 06:07 PM UTC
Argrillion either one is fine as I've used both methods. I guess it depends on the size. I'd go with just plaster with smaller objects and styro on bigger ones (i.e. walls) but with the styro covered with plaster.

The reason is styro doesn't always give you the concrete look by itself. What I do is to stick some bandage gauze over the styro with PVA glue. Leave it to dry and put on a thin layer of plaster mixed with a bit of very fine sand to give it a rough finish. Paint and add a wash and highlight.

Even if your'e using plaster alone I'd still add a bit of fine sand to give it the concrete roughness. Here's a pic of a styro-plaster combo I used to make part of a jetty. Sorry the pic doesn't show the jetty much as I was shooting something else.
 _GOTOTOP