_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
iltis Jeep model?
Royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 07:07 AM UTC
Hello, all I posted a long text message in the past about how to convert an Italeri gun tractor kit into a Canadian C60 CWT truck, and I wanted to tell you that its now in my album and in the user gallery.

I'm looking for a 1:35 scale model of an Iltis jeep, I heard that Resicast used to make one, and I emailed them and I was told they no longer make the model. I'm looking to build a small diorama for the Petawawa base musem of my company, C-Coy 1 RCR when they were on Roto 0 as a part of ISAF.

If anyone knows where I can get the Resicast kit or any other kits of the Iltis please help me out !! thanks!
Ryan
Pro Patria
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 545 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 03:54 PM UTC
Ryan,I have had the Resicast Iltis for some years.The only other kit of it is the Elite kit.If I'm not mistaken it "IS" the Resicast kit,but don't quote me on it.
You can get it from http://www.trackjam.com/ " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.trackjam.com/ and it is $105 CDN.
As far as the Resicast kit goes it's not bad for quality and detail it looks like an Iltis.
There was also a vacuform kit of it many years ago.I had one given to me and it was bad,really bad!!
Jim
P.S. Don't forget that if you donate the dio to a museum you may be able to get a tax receipt.
Royal
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 12:32 PM UTC
Thanks Jim , i'll check that out, you gotta love how hard it is to find Canadian vehicle models! cheers

Ryan
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 338 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 - 12:33 PM UTC
I've got the Resicast and the Elite kits both in progress, and I'm certain that they are from different masters. I was lucky enough to find the older one on eBay, and it came with the 1/4 ton trailer and PE- good find!
The Elite one is quite nice and not as brittle as the other.
Cheers!
Mike
DODGE01RT
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 545 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 03:10 AM UTC
Mike,how is the detail on the Elite kit for detail compared the the Resicast ie any photoetch or Bombardier(sp?) logos for it?
Cheers , Jim
lavgnr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 338 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 05:32 AM UTC
With roughly the same amount of pieces, less trailer and photoetch, it looks like the Elite is closest to the Canadian variant, with correct wheel rims and such, and it has a tarp and our beloved rubberized canvas doors( that every driver steals from the next vehicle because their battalion is three doors short). No photoetch, and a molded-on VW emblem. The resin has very few bubbles and it is sharply moulded.
Resicast offered both VW and Bombardier PE emblems. The rest of the brass is either for German accessories or for nothing that can't easily be scratched. Of course it has the aforementioned 1/4 ton trailer. The resin is bubbly and relatively brittle, likely because it's about 25 years old!
Not that you have a choice, but Elite is the best choice. Like Paul has said, his are the best prices in town!
The Resicast will eventually become a recce jeep, muddy and covered in cam nets, the Elite will become a pristine, tarped commander's vehicle with trailer and coco matting floors. Eventually. Maybe I'll start right now......

PS- neither comes with a bushguard, so if you need details to build them, I can offer the parts diagram, several photos, and measurements as my unit still has a bunch of them in a corner of the compound.
Cheers!
Mike
 _GOTOTOP