History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
December 6th, 1941
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 330 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 11:49 AM UTC
Okay this ones way out of left field, should be in bed not online, but here it goes anyway. You can travel back in time to December 6th, 1941and you're going to Pearl harbor. What would you bring with you, to get the military leaders there to believe that there will be an attack on them the next morning. You have 24 hours to complete your mission. Good luck gentlemen. Oh I forgot to tell you, you can't bring books, paper won't travel through time, turns to slime.

Ron C.
Ashtabula, Oh
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 12:05 PM UTC
Ron....or should I say Ronda? What's up with your avatar sir? hehe

A small portable DVD player and the movie Pearl Harbor? Then at least they would believe I was from the future.

Jim

TheGame
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 98 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 12:25 PM UTC
Ok since this is from left field, here's a left field answer.

I'd take a gun.
I'd meet with the top person at Pearl Harbor and hold him hostage and force him to send a recon plane to where the Japanese navy was sitting. Hopefully that would at least give him reason to keep an eye open.
Of course this all depends on if I could get to the commander in the first place and if I remembered to study (before I went back in time) where the Japanese fleet was at that point so I could tell the commander where to send the recon plane.

Or how about this one.
I'd take a Mitsubishi Zero and attack Pearl Harbor myself a few hours before the Japanese attacked. Then I would fly back towards the Japanese fleet and hopefully the Americans would have tracked me and sent some planes to try to shoot me down.
Of course I'd have to learn how to fly first.

/shrug
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 06:42 AM UTC
I thought about taking my laptop computer and a Encarta encyclopedia cd. Like I said it was a pretty weird question anyway.

Ron C.
Ashtabula, Oh
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 06:50 AM UTC
I liked your new avatar Rufus
I guess I would tell them Iīm an spiritual man and I got some kinda vision and tell them what is going to happen.....
Didnīt sound convincing? So was your question (hehehehe! )
Cheers!
Beto
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2002 - 07:09 AM UTC
Memorized coordinates of the Japanese Fleet. Plus the exact location of their new radar location that was top secret at the time...
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2002 - 04:50 AM UTC
I'd track TheGame down and have him be my RIO, I know how to fly...and make sure I know what frequencies to use and follow TheGames lead
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2002 - 04:51 AM UTC
Did you guys ever see the movie "Final Countdown" with Kirk Douglas and Martin Sheen? Where the USS Niemitz goes back into time to Dec. 6th, 1941. Being a naval aircraft nut, I've always loved that movie.

Ron C.
Ashtabula, Oh