Shows and events in North America.
IPMS USA Nationals update
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 01:55 PM UTC
I wanted to give everyone an update on the next big show on the horizon on this side of the pond. With a little less than three months to go the IPMS US National is fast approaching, the dates are July 20-23 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Since the last post I made in early Febuary the two main areas to address are the vendors room and hotels. The vendor room is SOLD OUT, yep, 425 tables in our vending room alone (don't forget Dragon Expo) to peruse and spend your hard earned cash in. If you haven't checked the website recently here are just a few of the vendors: (I'm a tread-head so that is why my short list leans that way but there will be many others of interest to all types of modellers)
AFV Modeller
Air Connection
CRM Hobbies
CMK
Eduard
Formations
Great Models
Hobbylink Japan
M & Models
Michigan Discount Models
Mission Models
S & J Hobby
Tiger Model Designs
Tiger Production Diorama Products

These are just 14 of the 128 vendors who will be at the Nationals. Again that is not including any that will be at Dragon Expo.
Now onto the hotels, our block at the Renaissance Waverly is now FULL and the Sheraton Suites isn't far behind. There are other places to stay in the area where the show is being held but these two are just a short walk away from the show venue and offering us a discount rate. (the Waverly is actually connected to the venue, and the Sheraton is across the street) If you are interested in staying at the Sheraton get your reservations in soon because we fully expect it to fill up in the coming weeks.
The next area I wanted to hit on is pre-registration. If you are planning on entering some models and know what you're bringing you can go to the Nationals site and pre-register them. By doing this you can avoid the lines when you get here. We already have a couple of hundred models registered and from the buzz we have been hearing we think that number will grow many times over. Also don't forget your registration for the Nats will get you into Dragon Expo which is in the same building.
To finish up I'll leave you with links to the official websites, you can find much more info there including links to the hotel to get the discount rate for the show. As before if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or post them here. I know I've said this before, but this is shaping up to be a MONSTER show and a really good time. I hope I will get the chance to meet many of the faces behind the names I have become aquainted with here. Thanks for looking.

IPMS Nationals site: http://www.ipmsusa2005.org/

Dragon Expo: http://www.dxpo.com/dx/05/news.asp

Cheers,
Mike
 _GOTOTOP