Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
what's up with Missing-lynx.com????!!!
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 01:44 PM UTC
I went to missing-lynx.com like I usually do and try to make a posting. But when I tried to make a posting I was told to use my pass word. Pass word? I never had to do this before. so I tried agian and I was then told to log on to net54. so what is the problem? Are they going to a must pay to log in type of website?
Can anyone please help to explane.
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 01:50 PM UTC
Jody,

Here are ML's posting guidelines copied directly from their "General Discussion" forum
Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.
A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
NO IMAGE TO BE POSTED WITHOUT THE COPYRIGHT OWNER'S PERMISSION.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47211&messageid=1113823119
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Read # 4. that's new - in order to post on ML now you must have an account with ML.................just like people have to do here.
It is no big deal.
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
Missing Lynx, like Hyperscale & others, have simply gotten tired of the trolls, jerks, children(emotionally) , and others that are disrupting the purpose of the message board.

They have chosen net54 as a host; some folks think net54 is the devil incarnate, but I haven't had any bad experiences. It is free. While some folks go off on their "freedom" & "privacy", which is their right to do so, what the formal sign-up allows the moderators to do is shut down the afore-mentioned trolls & etc.

John

viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 02:27 PM UTC
I haven't even been able to get onto Missing Lynx for a couple of days.

And I am set up with the new password!!!!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 02:40 PM UTC
I have never posted anywhere but here because I found Armorama and stayed here.
I am not really sure what is going on over at ML and don't really care all that much. Scimming some threads over there I thought the whole interface was way too USENET for me. I like it here.
As an aside, anyone on any website that requires registration who wants to start tossing out terms like "privacy" and "freedom" needs to buy a server and try to run their own site. The "freedom" to flame whoever you want to isn't free.
The only money this site cost me is my freely donated A-Guard membership. It is worth way more than my voluntary subscription, I think.

Shaun
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 01:39 PM UTC
I think I am going to stay right where I am with the best, the armorama.com family. Thank guys.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 02:20 PM UTC
ML is going through some growing pains right now.The 'Age of trust and Open-ness' is over for t he "net" I guess. It's a shame,world-wide contributions to historical accuracy attacked by immature individuals with a little tech expertise.I have always learned with every visit to any modeling site.I have tried to contribute and help with at least as much.I am of a mind that after 65+ years,pics and other info from that era are 'public domain' so that our kids,and their kids can be aware of social pitfalls and how they develop.
OK,rant over,put up your dukes and let's go to 'Fist City'
:-) :-)