Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
sir John Mills is dead
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 10:43 AM UTC
Just seen it on the news 1 of the great British actors of all times has died at the age of 97 you will have seen him loads of war films such as Dunkirk,ice cold in Alex,in which we serve amounst others,
Sir John RIP
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 10:52 AM UTC
Rest In Peace Sir John. One of the greatest actors of his generation in my opinion.

Vinnie
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 10:59 AM UTC
Amen, one of the real greats. Jim
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 06:47 PM UTC
sorry to hear that, as has been said, its a bit of a standing joke about him winning the war single handed. there are two films of his i like but i cant remember the titles of either, one was about a crew trapped in a submarine, which was really sad at the end, and the other he played a blenheim pilot, then became a sort of laison officer to the u.s. airforce, in this film there is a brilliant scene where he knows that there will be this squadrons first mission the next day, and a u.s. bomber crew are about to hit the town, whilst he cant tell them whats happening the next day, he strongly suggests that they have an early night, and all this crew realise what he means, and how he's giving them a hint about the next day. he will be missed