History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Need help with the Vietnam war
Black_Jess
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 10:32 PM UTC
Me and my friend are doing a histrory project and we want to know if there is anyone that knows alot about the vietnam war or if you where there. If you feel that you want to share your experience with us that would be very nice. You can send me an email.

Thanks
// Jess
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 11:01 PM UTC
G'day Jess
Im the assistant modeller for the Vietnam Veterans Museum, here in Australia.
Ive been studying the war for many years myself, so is there anything you want to know in particular?
I'l be glad to help, i feel i know a fair bit about the war, moreso the Australian involvement, any Questions on that, let me know.
But as for the Nam crew here, i'd hafta say try asking Fbuis, Phantom_major, Animal, Zoomie8, Mother, or myself, hell theres alot more but those are the only names my brain can pop out today. :-)
Cheers
fbuis
Visit this Community
Ain, France
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hi Jess,
That is a great question about the VietNam war : there were 2 periods in this war, first was the french Indochina war (1946-1954) then the war enters the North and the South of Vietnam with the involvement of the US Armed Forces and the Allies in the South Vietnam (1964-1975).
There is a lot of media : books, documentary film, etc... but available also sur many websites, just type the subject you want to know on the search engine... and you can get it.
There are many Armorama mates here, as Animal, Mother, Lestweforget, Phantom_Major and others... I think that they can help you. As me, I had been there from the first US Marines landed on China Beach, DaNang to the fall of Saigon, I can help you all subject about the ARVN.
Don't hesitate to ask me about the South Vietnam's subject, feel free to send me a PM anytime.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 07:59 AM UTC
I was a teenager during those yaers. My father was an Army doctor so I can give you a lot of personal experiences from the "civilian" standpoint. I also have a pretty good library and can look stuff up if you need anything.
Black_Jess
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 - 09:17 AM UTC
It helps alot !!! Thanks. I promise I'll come back with many questions
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 02:54 PM UTC
Jess
I served in Viet Nam with MACV-SOG. If I can help with any questions you might have please feel free to write and ask.
Jerry