Place your announcements here please.
Information about Docdios.com
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 06:42 AM UTC
I would really like to know what ever happened to that great site? Is it gone forever? I thought that it had some great "How to" advise.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 06:54 AM UTC
I believe that he did not want to keep paying for the cost of hosting the site and he let the site go down.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 07:16 AM UTC
As far as I know, Keith Forsythe was involved with digital dioramas website also, and was concentrating more on that. Slodder is right about Keith not wanting to pay for the site usage anymore, so when his new subscription was due last year, he pulled the pin. I think he was approached about Armorama hosting his pages, but I think he wanted to touch up some things and add them to digital dioramas. Dont think this has happened, and havent been to DD for awhile now. Is it still going?
On the brighter side, I just noticed recently that Roadkill (Ronny Noben) has two of the SBS for dios and they are downloadable from his site as PDF format.
Docs Dios was the first site I found when I started the hobby and had a very big influence on me. Wish somebody would host it again... and a few updates. I even remember some "how to cast spackel" drawings from a new name called Carlos Elias ... better known today as Blockhaus.
 _GOTOTOP