_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
militaryshow.ca
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 09:30 AM UTC
Anybody been to this before? Is it mainly real equipment or is there much plastic models. I want to go but I just want to know what to expect.

http://www.militaryshow.ca/

Thanks
Hasty
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 10:36 AM UTC
It looks like more of a "real scale" military show. There are only a few model vendors listed.
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 01:19 PM UTC
I went to it last year. Although they have been tryng to get modelling vendors there, the only ones were selling the Gi Joe action figure stuff. Nothing at all like Ajax or equivalent. Great show if you collect badges and 1:1 scale stuff. Lots of books too.
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 02:55 AM UTC
The Ontario Model Soldier Society will be putting a display table there. There may be some nice painted figures there and Toy soldiers.

Cheers

Ray
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 11:20 AM UTC
Im almost certain that Military Hobbies was there last year... Not sure if they are going this year.. But i think Ill save my pennies for the hobby show in T.O this november..

Dave
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 10:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Im almost certain that Military Hobbies was there last year... Not sure if they are going this year.. But i think Ill save my pennies for the hobby show in T.O this november..

Dave

You are correct. They were the only vendor of 1:35 scale models.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2005 - 08:51 AM UTC
I hope they are there this year. I still want to visit the store when I am at the show. I hear it is pretty good.

Hasty
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 15, 2005 - 11:48 AM UTC
Hasty,

The stores nice.. Not that large, but its packed with kits of just about anything you could be looking for.. Have stopped by there a few times on a weekend run to the city, and once after a training session at Toyota Canada..

Dave
Charles
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2005 - 06:07 AM UTC
I've had a stand set up for two Pickering shows shows so far. I model/sculpt/scratchbuild (call it what you will) 1/9th military figurines on commision as one-off's or for moulding purposes, but was unable to attend the last one in May due to a serious hand injury. I'll be there for November 05's show, as I enjoy the venue and have a great time with demos and watching bright-eyed kids watching me with their ticked-off moms who'd love to be elsewhere, such as at sewing machine demos, or home and garden shows etc. My latest ]
Charles
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2005 - 06:20 AM UTC
Thiazi
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 66 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 - 05:25 PM UTC
I went last year and enjoyed myself. There wasn't a whole lot of plastic kits, mostly militaria. One got a real feeling that it was more of a gun show though, not that gun shows are a bad thing but a few of the tables seemed a little *too* into Nazi stuff if you know what I mean. Saw a few SS rune tattoos scattered around.

However it was a good show all around, saw a deactivated machine gun for sale, I was just about $1100 short. :-)
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2005 - 11:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dave

What show is that Dave? I'll be commuting back & forth to TO this year a fair bit, usually over weekends. It would be nice to break it up by seeing a show.
 _GOTOTOP