Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Great guy alert: Slodder
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 06:35 PM UTC
Hi folks

A few weeks ago I posted a topic asking about what software, if any, members use to record their builds, inventories, etc.

Scott Lodder (Slodder) PM'ed me telling me that he had written an application that did exactly that. Scott offered to burn a copy to CD for me and post (that's snailmail for you young 'uns ) it to me in South Africa. 2 days later the package was in the post.

I received the CD yesterday, personalized with a picture from my Armorama gallery printed on the cover! I installed the app last night and it is exactly what I was looking for!!! Scott must be a mind reader! :-) :-) :-)

When I PM'ed him to let him know that I had received the CD, I offered to reimburse him for the postage, CD, etc. His response was simply "The only thing I ask in return is for you to use it and hopefully enjoy it. If you have any feedback/comments on it, please let me know. I am open to adding to it or changing it to make it a better piece of software. "

What a great guy!!!

Scott: here's to you mate!

Thanks again!

Rudi
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 07:49 PM UTC
Scott has definitely got my vote. That's why the diorama section is ship shape and running like a well-oiled machine.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 09:53 PM UTC
This is Not a compliment besides been a good guy; Scott makes the best diorama comments and critics in this site. He has eagle eyes and very very constructive comments.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:27 PM UTC
I have heard some good stuff about this fellow before and now this just confirms it! LOL. Truely another fine member of our great community.

Hasty