Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Your Assistance is Needed
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 07:52 AM UTC
After nearly 3 years of transforming my current employer's HR department I need to get out, before they give me the boot.

Just some of the "subtle” hints I have received to date:

My position was posted on Monster.com
I have been denied vacation time, comp days etc.
A co-worker over-heard my boss telling another manager she hopes I quit, cause' it’s less messy.
The company hired an individual with no industry experience to “supervise” me.

Anyway, rather than waiting for the door to hit me in the arse, I am seeking assistance from every contact I have to find a new position. I thought what better way to get my needs out there than through this web site.

So, if you own a business, or know the hiring manager, HR department head or headhunter I am asking for your assistance.

I have nearly 20 years combined experience in law and Human Resources. I have worked for Fortune 500 companies and worked with all levels of management and employees. I have union experience and interacted with up to 7 different unions in my career. HR compliance, processes and procedures, investigations, conflict resolutions are but the tip of my professional experience.

I would appreciate any and all assistance in this dark hour. I am willing to relocate, if the offer is right.

Please respond on the site of PM me.

Thank you for your kind attention.
Frank Amato
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 08:18 AM UTC
Frank,
Good luck with the search! If you don't manage to get out before the axe falleth... do what I should have done. Take a vacation before you start job-hunting!

Cheers,
Jim
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 08:37 AM UTC
If they don't have the guts to tell you to leave, but still deny you certain things, milk them for all you legally can. But I agree with Jim, take a vacation (whether or not they "give" it to you). Good luck. Finding jobs suck.

Jeff
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 10:46 AM UTC
i thought my minimum wage was bad :-)

(dont forget iam a temp and i go to school) a guy i wroked with was going back to his home country(roumany in french, if its spelled right) for his christmas vacations, bringing along his wife and son. a day before leavign on vacation, he was fired, therefore not having his vacation and having to worry on how to pay for the christmas bills( they do get VERY expensive!) he's also done the same to another employee before i was hired.

that said, good luck!

Frank
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 02:11 PM UTC
I say this in all seriousness-
I don't know where in California you are, but a sister company from my battalion is located in the LA area. Most of the team guys are LAPD SWAT in their civilian jobs. And since you're willing to relocate, the brief sojourn at Ft. Bragg shouldn't pose a problem.
SF National Guard is nearly a full time job these days if you want it to be, with short deployments around the globe, and nearly every SWCS school begging for students. Plus, the Army just raised the age for joining the guard/reserves due to missed recruiting goals...
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 604 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 02:44 PM UTC
In reading your post, I see some top notch qualifications, so here's what I suggest (and have done):
Take Jim's suggestion and chill out for a while. Then become an independent consultant. Start networking all your contacts to get reactions to that possibility. You don't need any overhead (office, etc) if you do most of your work on the client's site. Check for licensing requirements, although when I was doing my research the majority of states didn't have any. I know a few guys who did this and eventually wound up consulting for their former employers at 4 times their previous salary. One of the "perks" of doing this is no backstabbing bosses. If you want to talk more about this, PM me.

Art
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 03:21 PM UTC
18Bravo
I believe I am too old and too fat to join the Guard. Seriously, Thanks for the suggestion.

Art,
I have a former co-worker who is an independent consultant. Think I'll give him a call tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 01:26 AM UTC
i dont know if US employment law is anything like it is here, but over here the things your employer is doing are illegal and any trade union or industrial tribuneral would cut them to ribbons!

i wish you luck in your job search, but with your extensive experience and skills you wont be looking for long.

regards

joe
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 04:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

18Bravo
I believe I am too old and too fat to join the Guard. Seriously, Thanks for the suggestion.

Funny, that's what I told them after 9/11 when they asked me to come back into SF after 18 years.
This may be of more help:
Lois Ginnelly
(212) 302-2921
She's a headhunter-apparently quite a good one. Lives on W 44th in Manhattan.
Tell her you know Army Rob, whom she met on her rooftop New Years Eve of 87 of 88.