_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Yanks Miniatures
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 06:36 PM UTC
A new company with an old face has remade it's appearence on the market place. YANKS miniatures is owned and run by Paul Wilkie of Scotland. The name and the references were all sold to him for a steep price. The original owner has decided to relaunch the range under a very similar name, after having sold off his range and rights. I think this is very questionable behavior in the least, and quite unfair to the guy who is doing his best to try and make the former range succeed. It is something to consider carefully before ordering, we do, after-all, have ethics in the world of modellism. Hmmmmmmmmm...
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 07:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

A new company with an old face has remade it's appearence on the market place. YANKS miniatures is owned and run by Paul Wilkie of Scotland. The name and the references were all sold to him for a steep price. The original owner has decided to relaunch the range under a very similar name, after having sold off his range and rights. I think this is very questionable behavior in the least, and quite unfair to the guy who is doing his best to try and make the former range succeed. It is something to consider carefully before ordering, we do, after-all, have ethics in the world of modellism. Hmmmmmmmmm...

So what is your suggestions on this? Where is orginal guy from? What to do Capt Jack!! (:-)
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 08:27 PM UTC
I think that we should bear in mind what took place and allow that to help us make an informed decision as or not to support the product line if it produces under such false pretences. I know the original MFG had decided to throw in the towel, and now appears to want to pick it back up. Unfortunately the towel had been sold already. The original producer is from the states.

Jack be mysteriously careful in his wording.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2002 - 12:16 AM UTC
I believe the "old" owner is just using the name "Yanks"
As the "new" one is using Yanks Miniatures.

Matt
SSgtTowers
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2002 - 02:34 AM UTC
It was my understanding that the guy in Scotland folded shop. I see a lot of posts on Missing links about Yanks and the stuff he is selling. So I believe for a more detailed story got to missing links and do a google search. I know he was questioned by Mrosko from Warriors about this and he explained what happened in detail. I would much rather see the old line come back then to have them fade in to modeler heaven. Just my two cents worth.
M4Nut
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2002 - 09:10 AM UTC
The other point is the orginal manufacturer said he was not going to produce any of the old line and was going to be doing new figures. I would agree that if he started producing the old line it would be interfering (and illegal) to the person he sold the line to.
My two cents,
Eric
 _GOTOTOP