_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Photoshop question
BigTon
Visit this Community
District of Columbia, United States
entire network: 102 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:19 AM UTC
Hey all of you photoshop guru’s out there…
I have a question and I hope you can help. I’m wondering if it is possible to remove a specific color from an image…

What I’m trying to do is take a photo of one of my models in front of a “green-screen.” I’d like to be able to remove that background color so that only the image of my kit remains. Now I know I could go in and try to outline the kit manually, but I figure there has to be a better way of doing it.

I’m using photoshop 7…but if you know how to do it in a different version, please tell me anyway and maybe I’ll be able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance gang!

CHEERS!

-scott
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 12:34 PM UTC
Hi BigTom i have been using PhotoShop for about 10 years i may be able to help. You said the the backround will be one color a green screen this should be pretty easy, once you have PhotoShop open and your image on screen go to your tool palette and choose the magic wand that should be in the wright hand colum second from the top at least it is in my version, next go to the very top of the program and click and scroll on window go down till you see show options thats the palette you want to adjust the magic wand, where it says tolerence you need to set this start out with 10, click your magic wand in the backround area (Hold shift while you click to select several areas at once) of your picture it should select a very large area of the green color you may have to click in several areas of the backround color to select it all if your not shore use the zoom tool to blow up the image, that tool should be on the bottom of the tool palette. When you have all the backround selected simply delete you should have no backround. You may have to play around with the magic wand tolerence say from 10-24 should work. Oh only click on the area you want to remove and save your original. Just PM me if you need any help.
BigTon
Visit this Community
District of Columbia, United States
entire network: 102 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2005 - 11:28 AM UTC
Thanks rv1963... I'll give that a shot!
 _GOTOTOP