Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Missing soldier still unaccounted for....
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 10:21 AM UTC
This is not really a " Junk Topic", but it is one that has still bothered me since the beginning. I am talking about Spc. Matt Maupin who was captured by insurgents 10 months ago. I know thier was a grainy picture of him supposedly being shot. But that video was inconclusive as far as im concerned. We hear daily news of everything that is going on over thier. But, he has "disappeared" from the news. Some agencies have brought him up, but that was it. Is ANYTHING going on in trying to locate him or his remains? Remember, he had a 10 month old son at the time of his capture. A son that one day will ask and DEMAND answers. I would hate for my children to grow up and wonder what happened to me if I were in his position. He is AND ALWAYS WILL BE ONE OF OUR OWN!!!. How can he suddenly not be a headline ??????? Have we forgotten him??? Has anyone ever really in the past week even thought about him? I think about him at once a week. Time magazine had an article on hm (feb 21 issue). Unfortunately, I do not have that copy, if someone does, could you forward a link of it to me? Lets pray and hope that eventually his story comes to a conclusion, either walking off the plane or being buried next to his comrades who have fallen.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 10:40 AM UTC
Spades,

Current events are not acceptable Junk Drawer topics.

Topic locked.

Shaun