Shows and events in North America.
Calling all New Englanders-Valleycon15
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 01:45 AM UTC
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! In beautiful Chicopee Mass overlooking the Ames Sword Manufacturing site, Wings & Wheels presents its 15th annual model contest. We are the largest single day event in New England with over 50 vendor tables and 38 full classes. We have 13 single special awards, including best Civil War subject, most challenging aircraft paint scheme, most creative "what if" subject, best WWI central powers aircraft, best chevy, best auto paint, and best display.

Figures will be judged using the open system of Gold, Silver and Bronze.

The K of C provides on site hot food.
We'll have door prizes, raffles and a raffle for am airbrush.

For more information and directions, please visit the Wings & Wheels website or e-mail [email protected].
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 01:52 AM UTC
Sorry I can't make it this year, 1000 miles is just too far to drive. I had a great time at past shows. I entered my first model ever in the show, an Italeri 1/72 scale Abrams, and won an award for it.

In all my travels, New England was the best for model shows. There were so many in a relatively close grouping, PatCon, GraniteCon, ValleyCon, BayCon, DowneastCon and that car one (MassCar?) that met on the south shore.

Say hi to Olaf and the gang for me.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 02:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry I can't make it this year, 1000 miles is just too far to drive.

Aw, come on, can't yopu hop a flight to Westover for the day? :-)

Quoted Text

Say hi to Olaf and the gang for me.

Will do.
johnnyboy
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 02:57 PM UTC
hi al i cant wait to go this sunday been planning on it since i saw you at baycon lets hope nothing gets in the way.and rob def going to miss hang with you at the shows this year it really would be awesome if you could make just one take care guys johnny
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 11:52 PM UTC
I'm on my way there.I did real good with the raffles last ime,I must be lucky.Once again,all Armorama-ers,be prepared for a photo op.
I will bring up both of my M-32's (as built in Armorama).Except for the length of the drive I was contemplating bringing leopold.... (++) (++)
 _GOTOTOP