_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Blast Models
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 393 Posts
KitMaker Network: 61 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 10:21 AM UTC
Anybody located in the USA ever ordered from Blast Models? If so, how was the service?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 11:00 AM UTC
See this post from 10 days ago
I knew it was good enough to move to the general modelling forum :-)
Im sure if you contact Jeff (USNavy2534) he will have recieved his items now.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 01:09 PM UTC
Nice to know that someone remembers me around here (just kidding). Tom, I sent you a PM and since its contents weren't really private, I might as well reiterate them here for all.

I did order three things from Blast Models on 14 March. Got my confirmation the next day, but didn't notice the little sentence stating "Reply here for the go ahead: until 18 March. I contacted the guy who sent the confirmation and he explained to me that since the posted shipping on the Blast-Model site is higher than the real shipping, he requires a confirmation. So I confirmed my order and the price.

Now the site says to wait "+/- 5-10 days for shipping." Today (28 March) is Day 10, so I am getting worried. Granted it is coming from France, but the 5 days and 10 days are the extreme, and I don't think shipping to Indiana would fall into on of those extremes, but that is just my opinion. If I do not recieve my order in the next day or two, I am going to e-mail the site to figure out what I need to do to submit a claim or get a new order. But from what I have heard from others, I seem to be the exception rather than the rule, so don't let my misfortune mislead you.

Jeff
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 01:37 PM UTC
I did one order, went very well.

John
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 02:05 PM UTC
Tom,
I have ordered from Blast a number of times and the service has always been very good, that's coming from France to the Atlanta area.

Quoted Text

Now the site says to wait "+/- 5-10 days for shipping." Today (28 March) is Day 10, so I am getting worried.

Jeff, keep in mind that is 5-10 working days. You have 4 weekend days in there so I would be patient for a few more. As I said I have ordered from them before and the longest wait I have had was around 3 weeks. Most of the time it has been closer to 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

Cheers guys,
Mike
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 03:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff, keep in mind that is 5-10 working days. You have 4 weekend days in there so I would be patient for a few more/

You know, that is a really good point. Completely forgot about that. I am just really impatient. Thanks. I'll wait a little longer.

Jeff
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 12:56 AM UTC
I found out it doesn't pay to get to excited on these places for speed, like this one place in NY said ship in 3 business days, well I figured, that is how long it takes to get from NY to here is 3 days so I will have it in 3 days.

But they mean 3 days before they mail it, then another 3 days to get here. The only one that was prompt was Tichy train group, Don said he was putting it in the mail that day, and he did, and 2 days later I got it, before, I was even charged on my credit card, but that Great service is hard to find.

Kerry
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 01:10 AM UTC
"ship in ___ days" means the time it takes a business to fill the order and put it in the mail box. The delivery time is a different deal. That is why I like Amazon, for example, when they give an estimated delivery date. But I have never been a patient person and I live on information for clarity; a bad combination at times. But I am working on it.

Jeff
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 01:13 AM UTC
My invoice was dated March 17th. I just got my order yesterday in the mail!!!!!!!! So, that was 10 days including the weekend. My order was complete and packed good. I ordered all the Blast kits for the Hummer and the pro Arts SINCGAR set. They packed my SINCGAR set in one of the Blast clamshells so that it wouldnt get lost or damaged and noted it on my invoice.
I will definately order from them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 01:15 AM UTC
I've ordered after market accessories from Belgium often and it usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive from Europe to the east coast.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 05:17 AM UTC
And wouldn't you know that my package came today. I ordered the Blast Model Humvee weapons detail set, Tamiya's older Modern U.S. Accessory Set kit (meant for tanks including tank rounds, and accessories, not the newer OIF specific version with packs and gear), and DML's AK-47/-74 Family Part 2 (Part 1 I assume is AK-47 heavy, as Part 2 is almost all AK-74s).

A few of my pieces in the Humvee set were bent, but nothing I haven't been able to correct with a little pressure.

The funny thing in retrospect is that since Easter is over (i.e. my chance to bring the kits home), I won't get a chance to work on them until...beginning of May .

Jeff
Spuds
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 393 Posts
KitMaker Network: 61 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 07:29 AM UTC
This all sounds real good, guys. Guess I better get started. Thanks again to all.
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 09:25 AM UTC
I ordered my Blast goodies from mission models. Excellent service.
Recon
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 10:13 AM UTC
Mike,
Not to knock Mission Models, but did you see the price difference between them and getting it straight from Blast. I ordered all 3 OIF Hummer sets, wheels, and Pro Art SINCGARS and with shipping, still under $100.
My order was $75.98 and shipping ended up being around $15.00, give or take a couple of dollars. The total for what I got from Mission Models is $144.75, and thats without shipping. Im a bargin hunter, gota go for the cheapest even though I would have to wait a few more days.
 _GOTOTOP