TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
il2 sturmovik game
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:17 PM UTC
i have just got me a copy of this, after hearing how good it is. well it might be a good game except my copy plays with a massive "stutter", the online section just gives me a 404 page (although in fairness that might be a fault at my end) so two questions should i keep on trying with it and does anybody here play online,
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2005 - 08:57 PM UTC
Hi Phil. I play this game online with a friend and have experienced stuttering ranging from hiccoughs at mission start-up through to complete bollockiness where I get screenshots that last seconds before moving to the next scene, rendering the game unplayable. There seem to be several reasons for this:
1. level of detailling is set too high- try reducing this in the video settings. I have a 256Mb vid card on a P4 2Ghz system- I fear it may be time to upgrade the system...
2. What version of the game are you running? I have upgrades inc. Aces and Pacific Fighters- some of the missions for these expansions include masses of aircraft, ships or ground forces leading to complete uselessness. Again this is probably system shortcomings (my online adversary has P4 3.2Ghz pc and experiences minimal glitching with full detailling.
3. probably other reasons that I've forgotten since starting this post!
Hope this helps.
MC
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 04:45 AM UTC
i think i have the V1.04 version of the original game, ill have a mess around with the video settings,ive played combat flight simulater with no problems but, ill have my computer checked out as well,ive got the feeling i might have picked up a nasty, thats interfereing with IE,and i use mozilla as a web browser, and the ubisoft online play always opens in internet explorer.i also have a copy of IL2 forgotten battles unopened as yet, ill find my feet with the first game before i even think about opening that!
dogload
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 07:34 PM UTC
I would go straight to forgotten battles, as there are more planes to choose from. go to the IL2FB website and download all the relevant upgrades- this might help glitching. For any bugs/ spyware, download 'Spybot Search and Destroy', and 'Adaware', both free from t'internet.

The next step is to blag the expansion packs and join us in the wild blue yonder!
mc
almonkey
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 10:01 PM UTC
ive found the il2 website, and its been really helpful, also i turned down all the video settings and that seems to help, the game went along nice and smoothly until i flew straight into the ground after being bounced by 109s! its a great game and i need to get myself along the learning curve a little bit more. i also have both of those anti spyware programs installed, and use one to find anything the other might have missed
dogload
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 10:21 PM UTC
How's the Sturmovik learning curve?

Quoted Text

the game went along nice and smoothly until i flew straight into the ground after being bounced by 109s!

Yes. Wait till you get online- try crewing a bomber or going as gunner in a stuka- that's hilarious! Recommended accessories for online playing- chilled chardonnay and a cigar (when German) or beer and anything smokeable (allied). They're a must!