History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
Ballentine's Illustrated History
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 04:35 AM UTC
Anybody remember these books? I was at a club meeting the other day where somebody had a couple and they sent me on a trip down memory lane.

They were soft cover, and had different colored spines depending on the topic. They were divided in subjects, like leaders, weapons, battles, campaigns, etc. Loaded with photos, once in a while a few maps and drawings, and pretty easy reading. I know they got me interested in military history. I used to pick them up for a $1, if I recall right. Now I see them on www.abebooks.com for about $3 plus shipping. Ah memories.

mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:59 PM UTC
I still have most of mine.I think I have about a hundred or so.They've lasted quite a long time considering they're thirty years old.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:08 AM UTC
I've still got 54 of them. Haven't looked at any of them in years. Wonder what I can sell them for.
Boiler
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 70 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 08:57 AM UTC
I am collecting them. Me and a couple of buddies of mine used to scrape our quarters together when we were kids and send away for them. I've got about 20+ and am always looking for more. Whatta ya got and are you looking to sell them? You don't see them around much anymore. The ones I have gotten lately were mostly off E-Bay.