_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
PSME
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 11:08 AM UTC
I have been stumbling around the net again and I ran across this model tool place, that claim to have the supplies more then Micro mark by their add on this page. Cause they have a 200 page catalog for sale for 12 bucks, and I was wondering if anybody else has heard of them.

This is the page I found them on
http://www.psmescale.com

Their name is Precision Scale Model Engineering
33 Harding St. Milford Ma. 01757-2215
phone 508-478-3148
fax- 508-478-3590
To what I don't understand is if they have so much, then I should of heard about them before now, according to the add on this page, they sound like they have everything you could ever want, then some, sounds to good to be true either that or it is only for the super wealthy.

still nobody has heard of them before this. I wonder if anybody can go by that address to see if they really have a big operation, or they just put on a big front, with no actual store, just get you stuff direct from the manufacturer, and just sound big. Cause that sounds strange a big place like that and nobody here has ever heard of them.

Kerry
Probuilder
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 193 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 09:33 AM UTC
I think they just want our $12 for the catalog! Why no website? Seems easier to do business with an Online Catalog.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 09:52 AM UTC
I wouldn't trust that web site as far as I could throw it. Amateurish, poorly written, and anybody who sends them money for a catalogue is throwing money down the drain.

Vinnie
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 11:22 PM UTC
I was trying to read their ad, and I just couldn't see anybody throwing good money for that catalog, that I don't even believe they have a store, the old saying, when it sounds to good to be true, it probably is, well this has that written all over it.

A super mega model tool store, out of no where, if they had the stuff they would be more then glad to show us.

The only thing I don't know how long I had these addresses in my bookmarks, cause I just got time to go looking through them, so this has been here for quite a while, I just got the time to going through some of these old places I never looked at before.
 _GOTOTOP