_GOTOBOTTOM
My Doors Are Open!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 02:26 PM UTC
Greetings and Salutations, my friends at the Big A!!
Just a short note, as promised, to any and all that is interested, my website http://www.axisalliesandarmor.com is up and operating as of 9:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. Stop on over, look around, rate my site, post me some comments or suggestions, and maybe even add a kit to your cart...Take some time and check it out, and remember, with your help we can make this idea of mine work! I'm on a hot lead of possibly some LAV and STRYKER subjects that I can GUARAN-DAMN-TEE that not many of us have seen in this country! Please have patience with me, too...Good things do come to those who wait!!!
Sincerely,
Gunny
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 03:09 PM UTC
Any thoughts on carrying 1/72 scale armor like the Unimodel (UM) line or Skif 1/72 scale?
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 03:23 PM UTC
Most Definitely, Robin...I have UM, Skif, and Ace Models on the way...about two or three weeks out, though...this import stuff is a real hassle at some points...even if it's just plastic...Takes a while, my friends, but keep checking the site...Thanks, Bro!
Gunny...out!

P.S. My E-bay store isn't up yet...will be soon.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 04:45 PM UTC
Very cool Gunny. Can you let us know when the new stuff is in. I'll be back to check it out.

Chuck
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 06:19 PM UTC
The site works fine Gunny, let me know when you get some allied stuff in stock! Couldn't find any so far........There are some interesting subjects in the ranges you do have though.
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 07:09 PM UTC
Very cool site Mark. Any future plans to carry 1/48th scale armor? (++)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 09:23 PM UTC
very good website.congrats Mark.i will tell about it to Turkish members of Armorama and other Turkish modelers..
just a lil note; Armorama banner looks some old,it tells 4500+ users
bestest regards
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2005 - 10:38 PM UTC
Good luck with new businness. I wish u all the best. Ur site loks nice and easy
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 01:42 AM UTC
Greetings ang good morning, my friends at the Big A!
Thank you all for the kind remarks of my latest endeavor, and Dave, Mary, what would you like to see offered here? I plan to carry what myself and other modelers can't find elsewhere, not the run -of -the- mill common model kits. Drop me a line and fill me in on your dream kits, because my site is for all of us modelers looking for a "change in scenery", but I do need your input and feedback. I know what my dream kits are, but I can only guess what others may be looking for...If you go to my site and fill out the contact form, list what you may be looking for, and send it to me...it's that easy...then I will have a better idea of what to look for! Take care and stop back daily, I'll update the site as stuff rolls in.
Sincerely,
Mark " Gunny" Smith
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 02:23 AM UTC
Braille Scale builders here in the US do not have a 1/72 scale source like Tracks-n-Troops in Belgium.
http://www.tracks-n-troops.com/
With the recent 1/72 scale releases by Dragon and Italeri, not too mention the growing Revell line, the 1/72 scale aftermarket industry a US based 1/72 scale source is ripe for the picking.

Many European 1/72 scale items by Goffy, PIO Models, Part, Armo and ExtraTech are hard to find in the US. Eduard 1/72 scale accessories are easier to find and their line is growing as well.

Other mainstream 1/35 manufacturers are also testing the 1/72 scale waters. Verlinden has a modern US vehicle stowage set out and Legends has an OIF Bradley detail set and M48A3 sand bag armor set. CMK has recently released their own M2A2 set as well as an Abrams and Challenger set.

Other manufacturers like Atak are doing resin zimmerit sets for Dragon, Revell and Trumpeter armor. Aber has entered the 1/72 scale aluminum barrel market too.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 02:55 AM UTC
I agree 100% Sabot...
That's what I'm trying to accomplish with this site, ease and availability of stuff that's either not available or just too costly to get. thanks for the input, Bro...I'll be on and offline all day today, gotta take my son to get a couple teeth yanked for braces, but I'll be checking up as soon as I get back...Oh, and everyone, please do me a favor and pass the word along to your modeling kin out there about my site....The more the merrier!
Cheers,
Gunny...out!
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 05:47 AM UTC
Incorrect request to userForms

Is the meassage I get when I try and used the 'contact us' form on the site.
Basically I agree with Sabot, although some of the rarer 1/35 conversions would be nice as well!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 06:25 AM UTC
Greetings, Dave...
Thanks for the heads up on the contact form...I'm going to the sitebuilder right now to see what the problem is...And about the conversions, I am also throwing around the idea of starting to produce my own conversion kits for the market, done a lot of research and I think that I can pull it off...Any sculptors out there that would like to see their work imortilized in resin??? But seriously, I am strongly considering this matter and if anyone would be interested, gimme a shout!..Gotta go see what's up with the contact form now...
Gunny...out!
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 06:42 AM UTC
I have just placed my first order Mark. The indy links will be the icing on the cake for my Panzerwerfer 42.

My stopwatch is running :-) :-) .

Cheers
Henk
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 06:42 AM UTC
This goes out to DaveCox and anyone else that has tried to use the contact form on my site, my deepest apologies for the meltdown and failure prompt...seems to me that there was some corrupt HTML ...I replaced the file and tested it out, seems to be operating good again...sorry, my friends, but if you tried before to no avail, please do try again!
Sincerely,
Gunny
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 02:55 PM UTC
Good Evening, Y'all...Just a short note to anyone that likes to hang at e-bay, my store is open and linked directly to my site, http://www.axisalliesandarmor.com, for anyone interested...There's a kit of a KL-A1 Panzerbefelswagen on auction right now...check it out if you wish to do so...
Gunny
 _GOTOTOP