_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
K&S products ?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 03:48 AM UTC
What I was hoping was if somebody else that has had more experience on purchasing K&S supplies at different places, to whether or not they would know if the prices at Hobbylinc are as good on K&S as they are on Evergreen plastics.

See I've looked at many of the prices of different places on Evergreen plastic, and Hobbylinc has appeared quite a bit lower then all that I have found, but I know nothing about the prices of K&S products.

I've never been able to find a place that has near the selection that Hobbylinc has either. Most places I found have maybe just a few pieces, nothing like 7 whole pages worth like Hobbylinc has, shoot I never even knew K&S made so much stuff.

Could anybody tell me if they are good prices at Hobbylinc, or are they average prices.
Thank you a head of time
Kerry
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 10:11 AM UTC
In the US, I have bought K&S clear poly sheet from Hobbytown franchise and from Ace hardware stores have been able to get small brass profile,rod,round and square tube.Cheap enough to not even bother price comparing.
.02+tax
Rick
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 01:05 PM UTC
Kerry, I checked out that site, it appears the prices are for complete packs, like the hobby shop would purchase to refill his dispaly rack. Are you sure you really need the bulk packs?.....
You usually can find K&S stuff at ACE hardwear, It's been years since I bought any brass rod, etc, but it was only a few cents each for the smaller sizes we use modelling.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 01:17 PM UTC
those prices make me cry knowing what I pay for it here in the land of Oz.

you guys don't know how lucky you are
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 05:25 PM UTC
I just found a place locally where I can get that stuff and resin casting stuff there mainly used for fiberglass company for boats but they cover everything from little RC boats to big holes in normal size boats. I found out about it one time asking someone in a hardware store about casting and I found that place it's great I can get stuff like .50 a peice for plastic rod or strip and .60 on K& S metal I just got a roil of brass foil for 7 bucks is that a good price or should I have found a better place online.

Happy Modeling
(++) 1:35
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 10:44 PM UTC
Dave we used to have a Mom and Pop hardware that had everything, if none of the big places could find it that little place could, but sense I don't know what happened but they sold out, and it was never the same sense.

Cliff the one good thing you got Computronics at your back door, where you don't haft to pay international shipping like the rest of us do from there, but that don't help with the K&S does it, but it sure does help with the solder.

We have you Lowe's, your Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Myjers, here in town, but I've got yet to go in one and have them have what I wanted, they look at you, like you are from Mars when I ask for anything for modeling.

Besides I don't drive now, so getting around gets pretty hard at times.
Kerry
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 03:26 AM UTC
Here's a couple of sites you maybe able to order in smaller lots.

http://www.sheldonshobbies.com/listing/k&s.html
http://www.destinationtrains.com/linecard.htm
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 10:03 PM UTC
Thank you Dave, them places looked real looked like they will be real useful.

Kerry
 _GOTOTOP