_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
M106A1 decal sheet or other large black stars
landshark2
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 78 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 12:41 PM UTC
Wanted: The old Tamiya M106A1 Mortar decal sheet or if anyone can point me in the direction of who sells a decal sheet of large black stars. Currently working on armor from the 1970s particulary of the VII Corps in Germany with that gaudy camo pattern they used before the MERDC schemes.

Thanks
fbuis
Visit this Community
Ain, France
entire network: 447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 06:12 PM UTC
Hi Landshark2,
I am afraid that was difficult to find out the decalsheet you need (in black stars), there is not many 1:35 US AFV aftermarket decals available in Cold war era especially the ODS and OIF decals, however, you can contact your HLS or Tamiya retailer to obtain it or in hoping that some Armorama mates can help you.
Another way, do-it yourself the decals with the decalpaper printed on laser or inkjet printer but it is not easy if you don't have a printer and in other hand, you have to draw the artwork before...
Here is my little suggestion : making the stars you need on the masking tape as a stencil and paint it on your model kit , see below:

For the number and letter, there is a lot of dry tranfers at Archer if that are appropriate to you:
Archer Dry Tranfers

HTH.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 06:56 PM UTC
I can spare the stars plus I probably have others from the standard Tamiya M113 kits.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP