TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Brothers in Arms!
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 639 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 12:36 PM UTC
I AM OFFICALLY HOOKED ON THIS GAME!

I must say this is one of my favorite games as of right now! Forget halo 2
This is not a game where you run around like in halo and take on the whole Wermacht. You must supress the enemy with one squad and out flank them with the other squad. This reminds me of tat one game. I forget what its called though. ( memory lapse perhaps? )

You can control tanks also! ( well you can command them to supress the enemy and you can get on the 30 cal.

This game is the most realistic game ive ever played for a WW2 game.
You also dont have 100 health and you can survive being shot by a rocket. Its more like you get shoot once, your dead. This is a good game

I give it a 9.5/ 10

Have you played it?
PUT IN YOUR INPUT!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 01:06 PM UTC
Max,
I moved your topic to the games forum. I haven't played this one yet. I am waiting on Ghost Recon 2 to come out for PC on the 15th.

Shaun
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 03:25 AM UTC
Max, how have you been playing it since it's not being released until the 15th? I'm very interested in getting a copy of this on Tuesday, then of course next month is first to fight and also this month is Silent Hunter III. It's a good little stretch we have coming up here for games!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 03:31 AM UTC
Maurice,

"Brothers in Arms" is out now. "Ghost Recon 2" doesn't come out until Tuesday, or that is what I heard.
That's the game I am waiting for.

Shaun
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 03:34 AM UTC
Is Brother in Arms a sequel to another game?
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 04:11 AM UTC
Why the hell does EB have it listed as coming out on 3/15 then?! That's really odd as I've been watching this game for when it comes out and it was just this past Monday listed as "gone gold".
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 04:14 AM UTC
It is a new game. I think it Ubisoft's entrance in the WW2 first person shooter genre...

Shaun
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 04:18 AM UTC
I see where the confusion is, you guys are talking XBOX and I'm talking PC. I don't do shooter on the console, they don't work well IMO. Too used to a mouse and keyboard to go to a controller, doesn't feel 'right'.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 05:17 AM UTC
I'm the complete opposite. I can't play with a damn unless it's on the console. Games like HalfLife, Unreal or Counterstrike I can't even compete on the PC over the net. Give me Counterstrike, Unreal or Halo2 and I'm unstoppable!! I think the variations in net connections, CPUs and videocards makes a huge difference in the PC version. It's usually the one with the better PC that wins if you are relatively equal in skill.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 07:08 AM UTC
That does make a difference but you can always knock out some eye candy to get better performance to equal the field. I only play coop anymore, got so sick of deathmatch games and a lack of teamwork in TDM games that I rarely play them anymore. Except for COD which for some reason, people tend to play better as a team in that game.

My favorite of all time though was probably Delta Force, capture the flag. For some reason that game was REALLY fun and I spent many a night being either a sniper or flag runner. lol
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 07:47 AM UTC
Picked this one up a couple of weeks ago for the PC, along with SIlent Hunter III. My adivce, rent it for the consoles instead. Buy Silent Hunter III, it's AMAZING! Brothers in Arms is simple a console port and for the life of me, I cannot get how it's gotten the glowing reviews it's gotten. For the console this would be an awesome shooter, for the PC though it feels very limited and lacking in todays FPS market IMO.

Very linear gameplay, every engagement is the exact same thing, kick off a trigger and then find, fix, flank and finish the enemy (learn those 4 F's, they're used in EVERY engagement lol) repeat. It's not very tactical, other than the use of one tactic, flanking. There's no freedom for tactical choices.

This game got hyped SO much, I'm very disappointed with the end product. Hopefully First To Fight and SWAT 4 will make up for it in the shooter market. SHIII saved the day for me though, incredible sim!
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 08:59 AM UTC
I just played BIA for 3 hours now and I must say..

WHAT A GREAT GAME

From the first moment you're dropped into it....no boring training, no you start in the middle of a heavy firefight. My god that was impressive! Then you learn the controls in the second mission, quite easy, standard FPS controls and the command controls are even easier.

AI is good, weapons are cool, landscape is good, funfactor is high, missions are challenging, tactics...well it's mostly supressing fire and flanking but it's a nice touch and something most FPS don't have.

I recommend this game! Well worth it's money! I'm addicted :-)
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 04:36 PM UTC
I played this game for X-Box and I loved it! the strategy and tactics you have to use blows other games like Call of Duty away.....might get it for PC, let me know how the Multiplayer is though
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2005 - 05:50 AM UTC
Multiplayer for the PC is bad from what I heard, never tried it but heard the hit detection is even worse in MP than it is in SP.