_GOTOBOTTOM
New E-bay Store
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 12:08 PM UTC
Greetings to all, from a very cold Pennsylvania!!!
I don't think spring will ever hit us this year! I am writing to all this evening with an announcement of a new E-bay related store that is being built by me, and anyone interested can stop by my site for a preview of some of the items that I will be stocking. Please do me a favor, if you do stop by, please sign my guestbook, and if you have some feedback, fill out the contact form and send it in to me...This is a military modelers store that is for the military modeler, so tell me what you want and I'll do my best! You can check out the preview site here:
http://www.axisalliesandarmor.com

Remember, the E-bay store is almost ready and will be open very soon! Thanks for listening!!
Sincerely
Mark "Gunny" Smith
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 06:10 PM UTC
Like it so far Gunny - by a modeller, for modellers. Let us know when its up and running and I'll pay another visit!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 02:03 AM UTC
Dave...I'm waiting for the last of my inventory to hit...should be any day...after that, doors are open! I'll put up a grand opening post...
Thanks,
Gunny
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 03:50 AM UTC
Looks good so far Gunny. Too bad it's too late to change the name. Should be AlliesAxisandarmor. After all al comes before ax, and they did win.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 06:42 AM UTC
Good Point, Rodger!...But alas, the name is established! I want to thank all that has stopped by to check out this new experience that I'm about to embark onto, and as I ask on my sites front page, I do need your feedback to help make this a success...I want to fill the niche that is so greatly missing in this hobby of ours, to build an outlet where we all can get what we are looking for in new kit subjects...Believe me there is alot out there that we as consumers never even get a chance to see because of the industry giants ( in which I don't have anything against, but c'mon guys, give us something new!). Please fill out the contact form on my site with some suggestions, and I will do my best to make everyone happy...I want this to be OUR website, not just mine, with an emphasis on the ability to find, purchase, and recieve that special kit that we've been hoping for...and not pay an arm and a leg or two for it! I don't expect to become wealthy from this venture(although the prospects do sound enticing!) but as I said before, the market as it is now is so flooded with the same old same old and it just doesn't need to be that way! The company's that I have been in contact with are very open to recieve comments and suggestions by us, the modeler, and with enough interest we will get what we want to see in new kit subjects. Anyways, Thanks again for the early support and I hope that together we can make this thing work for not only our benefit, but to benefit the hobby as a whole...
Sincerely,
Mark "Gunny" Smith
webfoots
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 07:44 AM UTC
WW2 stuff isn't my thing but good luck!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 10:25 AM UTC
Greetings, Kory....
Maybe you are missing my point....ALL types of military scale models, all era's, time frames, nationalities, will be welcomed and hopefully available at my site...not just WWII "Stuff"...Tell me what is your thing? Are you looking for something in a kit that you just can't find?? That's the idea behind my idea, with no limits on type of subject...
Gunny, out...
webfoots
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 11:12 AM UTC
That's cool. My focus is on modern equipment. If you have modern AFV's and conversion sets I'll be taking a look.

Again, good luck!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 11, 2005 - 04:16 AM UTC
Say Hey, Kory...
That's good to know....I like to know as much about others modelers favorite kit subjects that I possibly can...This is going to be a slow process at first, though, so I beg you, please be patient....It's not an easy thing, this biz idea that I have, and I'm still learning a lot about it! What I would eventually like to have is a site where one of us can go to and find that "elusive" kit that NOBODY else has, true emphasis on nobody...I don't want to become just another on-line hobby shop...A truly specialized area for truly special model kits...might sound a little goofy but if you've been in this hobby as long as myself(and many others) you know the frustrations of hoping to see new and different subjects, and also the pain in the but that getting good service can be...That's my goal, and it will take a while to get there...so, my friend, please have patience with me and I will do my best to make this thing a reality!
Gunny...out!
Gunny
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 04:12 AM UTC
Good Morning, all of my Armorama friends, and a chilly greeting from western Pennsylvania!
I want to take this moment to thank you all for the kind and generous comments about my new website and business venture, and I hope that you all will stop back to check on my progress...the site changes almost daily, as I'm always working on it...hope to see you all when the doors are open!
Sincerely,
Mark "Gunny" Smith
 _GOTOTOP