Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
An Odd Request....
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 12:51 PM UTC
I have an odd request: Do any of you guys/gals have any gunsmithing experience or know of a friend with gunsmithing experiece. My mother's Remington 12-C is apart from cleaning, and we can't remember how to put back together.... My mom isn't exactly happy, to say the least... I'm afraid that if we want get rid of any critters, we'll have to beat it to death with pieces of the gun! Thanks for your time.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 02:18 PM UTC
Go to http://www.historic-battles.com/forum/index.php
and look for a guy named Whiskey Brother. I'm not sure if this is going to go through ok but I'm sending a thread from that forum. In it W.B shows the .45 handgun he custom built.

http://www.historic-battles.com/forum/index.php?topic=4229.15

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 03:06 PM UTC
Man you really must have taken it apart for cleaning. I usually just do the basic disassembly. Got two black powder pistols (replica colts) and an authentic 1863 Springfield rifle I used to use for civil war re-inacting. For home protection I have an M 1919 45 pistol (the m 1911 with the lager grip and backstrap to protect your had)....used in the Army though the 70's had to take apart and put that puppy in the dark and never ever forgot my training
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 07:51 PM UTC
I have a friend that collects and cleans handguns, rifles and shotguns. I can check with him to see if he'd be able to help you out. I only do Colt rifles (M-16 variations and ARs)