Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
whatever happened to the Dixie Chicks
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 12:38 PM UTC
I don't listen to country music so they might still be doing stuff. I know they as well as Garth Brooks seemed to be everywhere. He retired I heard and the last I heard about them was the one said something rotten and got the entire country upset and then they were back from England and doing their US tour which was sold out. Don't want this to get into a political dogfight, I went through that with some folks back then, just curious what the final outcome of all that was.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 01:20 PM UTC
Steve
As far as I know they made a new album not too long ago It's like Tom Griswold says "there is no such thing as bad publicity" He's from a morning radio show called The Bob and Tom Show

I do rember the "fued" they had with Toby Keith Personally I thought it was kind of funny A few months back CBS ran an interview they did with Toby It was done by Dan Rather

They showed a clip of one of his concert's In the front row they showed this young gal dancing in place that also showed the shirt she was wearing I can't say on this site what the initials were or meant
Needless to say they weren't meant to compliment the Dixie Chicks

I don't listen to mucj country but thier music is still being played
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 02:45 PM UTC
As I understand it the Dixie Chicks lost a lot of fans who opposed their views on the war and the President. However those lost fans were filled in by fans who support their view but were unable to get tickets before and those who don't care about their views and just enjoy the music. All in all they are doing about the same but with a slightly different mix of fans. They did lose a little bit a radio play but I think their albums are still selling about the same
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2005 - 05:20 AM UTC
The Dixie Chicks violated the cardinal rule of performers - Shut up and sing. (or act, or whatever)

The feud between Toby Keith and the Chicks escalated for some time, including Natalie Maines of the Chicks wearing a t-shirt with the following on it - FUTK - the band made some nonsence up about what that meant but you and I can readily guess the meaning.

Anyway the feud when Keith, upon learning of the terminal illness of a friend's daughter decided that the hostility wasn't worth it.

The chicks as far as I am concerned should shut up and sing.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 10:17 AM UTC
So, they are still out there. Not having heard anything probably means they have been flying under the radar screen these past couple of years, either that, or country has finally lost it's "Cross over" appeal and is no longer the music of choice for the nation. I guess all this American idol style music and the "shake your buns" low talent females (as oppossed to the divas like Whitney, Celene,Cher, Mariah,Madonna) is all the rage
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 10:57 AM UTC
If I am not mistaken some if not all of those ladies recently had babies That may be why they are laying low right now
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 07:55 PM UTC
I'm just glad I don't have to hear them as much any more...
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 11:59 PM UTC
From what I have heard they are just taking a break to let some of the dust settle from their remarks. They released a live album after their last studio cd which went gold (500,000 units sold) . I know sales of their last cd slowed after comments but 5 million copies is still alot of pesos. I think they will be back and will still do well. They are really the only mainstream country female band going.

HastyP
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 10:12 AM UTC
Also Steve, we're in Texas and the DC's are a non-entity now here since those remarks about the President. lol
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2005 - 01:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm just glad I don't have to hear them as much any more...

About sums it up.

Quoted Text

Also Steve, we're in Texas and the DC's are a non-entity now here since those remarks about the President. lol

The pres seems to be rather upset by the opinion of a girl band ( or is that his electorate?) , but has he seen the hilarious '2DTV' program from England? Hehehehehehe. Doctor Liebstrom,..,..