Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
17" LCD for only $159 after rebate
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 06:51 AM UTC
I figured I'd share this with you. If you're like me you've been waiting for a reasonably priced LCD monitor. I saw this one earlier in the week and couldn't resist. http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=486824

I ordered it on Monday and got it Friday. I have to fill out the rebate form but I can wait on the $70 rebate to get here.

I'm not into hi-tech computer games so I don't know if this one has a refresh rate fast enough for them. For what I do on the computer it's fine. I replaced a 17 CRT monitor and since CRT monitors aren't truly the size they say they are this LCD actually has a greater viewable area. The picture is great to my eyes. The main thing is it takes up so MUCH less room than the CRT. My daughter actually has desk space now.

I recommend it to anybody looking for an inexpensive LCD.

viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 10:13 AM UTC
It is a good deal for a LCD monitor, only thing I don't like about LCDs is that the screen resolution is usually locked. IE: you can't change the resolution, and most are locked at no more than 1024X768

I run my own CRT monitor at 1280X1024 as I prefer a higher resolution. IF they wouldn't lock the resolutions they would be great!!