_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Wanted: Tamiya half-track parts
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 01:42 AM UTC
Hey there!

I've picked up the Tamiya M16 and M21 half-tracks and will be looking for the M3A2 (which I'll convert).
Based on the thread: Tamiyas M3A2 Halftrack, Q's. and Paul's comments (thank you Paul! ) I can use the 21. Well, I'd rather not trash a neat kit, so...........If any one has any of the 21 or 16 sides that they don't need, or any extra parts, please PM or email me.

Heck, for that matter, if you have an M3A2 let me know...maybe we can work out a trade or you can sell it to me.

I'm also looking for the Tank Workshop (Tigermodels) set of idler wheels for the HTs, too.

Mike
[email protected]
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 04:05 AM UTC
Mike, I believe I've read that you don't need to "trash" the two kits. As I understand it the M3 didn't have the ladders and rear rails that are molded in the kit, but the M21 did. The M21 kit is missing these. So you could possibly take the sides and rear from the M21 and put them on the M3 and vice versa. I think this way you'll be able to make both an accurate M3 and a M21. I haven't put this to the test yet but I'm going to be ordering a M21 from Lucky Models next pay check.

Here is another article on modeling the M3.

http://www.usarmymodels.com/MODEL%20GALLERY/Hurtgen%20Forest/4halftrack.html

Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 2,220 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 04:24 AM UTC
Mike, The idler and drive sprocket you want are from K-59 - Mission Models carries the line. They are the best replacement parts on the market.

HTH
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 04:45 AM UTC
Rodger,

You may be right! I did some searching for the M21 online and found this: U.S. M21 MMC .

Could be I won't have to butcher anything!!!!

Thanks for the insight and motivation for me to look harder!!!!

Mike
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 05:03 AM UTC
Mike,

I would seriously consider going here: http://www.rjproducts.com/ and buying this go there to see the pic. RJ35207 It has the K59 set that Sticky referred to as well as resin replacement wheels and tracks. Looks really sharp - I would pass on the Tank Workshop stuff which, btw has been dropped now since TMD took over.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 10:34 AM UTC
John and Alex,

Wow! I checked out the K59 set then went further and checked out what RJP has to offer; RJP has a really nice combo set up. NICE! I will definitely go that route. THANK YOU!!!

Mike
 _GOTOTOP