Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
I'm modelling again
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,495 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 05:45 PM UTC
I'm back building models again after a four month break. What happened was my girlfriend and her son moved in with me and the first thing she said was "Don't think we will be taking over the place, you will still be able to do your own thing........"
Within days my model building had come to a stop. "You can't stink up the house with paint and glue fumes.....will you shift that mess, it looks untidy......stop doing THAT, it's disgusting."
Anyway, she has moved on to a different shift at work, she is now on the 13:30 to 21:30 shift and I work 05:00 to 12.30 so I have the house to myself in the afternoon. I can sit in front of the telly in just my underwear and scratch myself where ever I want, and also build and paint models again. It's heaven.
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 06:24 PM UTC
:-) ROFL :-) Well welcome back to sanity! Glad your back to modeling Martin, you were sure missed here mate! Not sure about the scratching part, and dont want to know! LOL! Now what ya got on your bench????

Cheers,

Garry
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 08:43 PM UTC
Its good to have you back Martin, I remember when you said you wouldn't be able to do models anymore you were worried you would never be able to do it again.
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 - 02:48 AM UTC
Nice to see you back Martin.
I have been there in the past keep scratching...lol lol
Cheers Chris
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 - 07:57 AM UTC
you need to get your own private area to do your modeling. If you 2 are going to stay together, she shouldn't try to take something you enjoy doing from you if she cares enough about you
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 01:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm back building models again after a four month break. What happened was my girlfriend and her son moved in with me and the first thing she said was "Don't think we will be taking over the place, you will still be able to do your own thing........"
Within days my model building had come to a stop. "You can't stink up the house with paint and glue fumes.....will you shift that mess, it looks untidy......stop doing THAT, it's disgusting."
Anyway, she has moved on to a different shift at work, she is now on the 13:30 to 21:30 shift and I work 05:00 to 12.30 so I have the house to myself in the afternoon. I can sit in front of the telly in just my underwear and scratch myself where ever I want, and also build and paint models again. It's heaven.

Been their but side tracked by yet another Hobby Guns.

best to you.
ThorsHammer
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 112 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 - 03:22 PM UTC
It must be great to have a silent house to build models! I usually have to lock myself away in my room to get away from my noisy family :-)