Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
How to sink your new truck !
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 09:33 AM UTC
I heard this story on the radio the other day. Suppose to be true!
There was these two friends, one had just bought a new pickup truck. They decided to go ice fishing on a lake. They loaded up all there gear, including the dog and headed for the lake. Well these two were of the lazy type and wanted to do everthing the easy way!
So they get to the lake, drive the new truck right out on the ice. Like I said they wanted to do things the easy way, so instead of cutting a hole in the ice with a saw, they brought dynomite. And instead of using fishing poles they were going to use a gun to shoot the fish!
OK, they are all set! The two men and the dog are out on the ice, they light a stick of Dynomite and throw it out on the ice as far as possible at a safe distence. OK, what happens next? Why the dog seeing this is thinking fetch time!
So the dog runs across the ice, grabs the stick of dynomite and starts running back to the two men! Now what are they going to do? The guy with the gun in his hand is thinking, ok, its either the dog or us! So he pulls up, shoots at the dog. Missing but scaring the poor thing! So the dog is looking for a place to hide. Out on the ice the only place for the dog to hide is where?...Under the new truck! With the dynomite still in its mouth! What happens next? you guessed it, the dynomite goes off creating a big hole under the truck, the truck sinks to the bottom of the lake!
This was all wrong from the beginning! DOH!
The only real sad part of the story is the poor dog, he was the innocent one!
Bishop
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 10:29 AM UTC
This one has been going around for awhile, I first hear it about five years ago...but I think it was either an actual event or pretty close to it..The story just gets better each year
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 - 08:17 AM UTC
Sound like a couple of candidates for the Darwin awards.

I tried ice fishing once...caught 45 pounds and darn near drowned cooking it
procrazzy
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 359 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 - 09:13 AM UTC
Hope thier insurance covers 'dog with explosice device under vehicle on ice-lake'!
Why did they have to take the dog?.......and where did they get the jdynamite from?!

cheers

philip
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 - 02:32 PM UTC
tie your mother in law in the car and you wont have to see her at christmas ever again :-)

Frank
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 01:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

tie your mother in law in the car and you wont have to see her at christmas ever again :-)

Frank

Oh, thats just wrong! Funny, but sad story

Jeff