Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Share some kid stories...
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 12:07 PM UTC
I can remember back when my boys were younger..Brad was about 4 and Joey was 2. Anyway..one day i was doing some cleaning..and happen to overhear my oldest telling my youngest.....

Go ahead Joey...climb up in there...I'll take you for a fun ride.....

And to my surprise..i look around the corner just in time to see Joey climbing as fast as he could into the DRYER....

LOL...Kidssss
Mary (++)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 12:19 PM UTC
Took my godson toy shopping for Thomas the Train stuff. He was about 1 1/2-2. It was very cold and he was just learning to string together words into coherent sentences. I was holding his hand as we walked away from the car when he just started crying. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I broke the water!" I'm thinking what the heck does that mean. He had stepped onto a puddle that had barely frozen over and cracked the surface, exposing the water. He thought he broken the water!!!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 01:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Go ahead Joey...climb up in there...I'll take you for a fun ride.....

And to my surprise..i look around the corner just in time to see Joey climbing as fast as he could into the DRYER....

lmao, i know how he feels, my dad told me the same thing, except he turned the dryer on! lol

i made my brother do plenty of stupid stuff lol

Frank
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 451 Posts
KitMaker Network: 158 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 06:09 PM UTC
yikes!!

one winter, when my daughter was 2-3, she was at daycare standing next to the fence in the playground watching the bus take the kids away to school. i dont know exactly how it happened, but she stuck her tongue on the fence and got it stuck. she was ok, nothing a little ice and tylenol couldnt fix , but she had little red marks.

another time she had been sick and i was helping her to blow her nose. horrid blood and yellow gunk came out. i made her lay on the couch and i looked up her nose. it looked as if there was a growth, so i investigated further by pushing at it with a qtip. it squished and oozed!! i freaked out and called the dr. to let him know about it. we had been in his office a few days before for a check up and he was saying to not worry, because it was nothing. that answer wasnt good enough (i dont know how fast things can grow!) so i gathered her up and headed for the hospital. i was having feelings of overreaction as i was driving in so another call to the dr. was made. he insisted that there wasnt anything growing in her nose, that she probably shoved something in it. !!!! not my kid! she was totally level headed... aside from the frozen fence thing. we went back home and i put her back on the couch, light overhead, and head back. i wasnt really sure about doing this, but i got some tweezers and proceeded to perform "surgery". i was getting queasy thinking about pinching at a fiberous oozing growth, took a deep breath and slowly reached in at it. it moved. it came out. it was a piece of sponge. YUCK. it was soooooooooooo gross and smelly. she got the lecture on how dangerous it is to put things in ones nose.

one more...

my sister nickie was maybe 4 at the time, and i was nine. we had a little dr. kit and she liked to play veterinarian. in the kit there was a thermometer and once she put next to the cat's bottom to take his temp. we played our game for a bit and then my cousin judi came over to visit. judi was about 24, and a nursing student , so she was more than eager to play dr. with my sis. i can remember watching the following sequence of events in slow motion. i guess knowing what i knew about where the thermometer had been, and wondering was she REALLY going to put it in her mouth??? and was my sis not going to tell her?? well, it happened, nickie handed the thermometer to judi, judi put it in her mouth. i couldnt keep my mouth shut when i saw that. i said "she put that at the cat's butt" judi freaked and ran to the bathroom and got toothpaste to wash out.
Captain94
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 239 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:06 PM UTC
We went to the air show at Castle AFB (a SAC B 52 base now closed) in the late '80s to give my girls a day with the aircraft. So we're having a great time, the Thunderbirds were fantastic, static displays and fly-bys outstanding as always, when I spied a Navy F14 from Lemoore NAS parked on the ramp nearby.
Well I just HAD to take a look, so we wandered over that way to see what we could see. Lo and behold, the Tomcat drivers were offering a photo op for kids sitting in the front cockpit! Wow, says I, this will be great for my oldest daughter, Ya know let her see what it was like to sit in that big old aircraft and maybe she would become inspired to become a Naval Aviator and make her old man proud. Well we waited in line for a short time, her excitement building as we moved closer and closer to that bird. Finally she is next and up the platform she scampered. The pilot helped her into the seat and snapped her pic. Since there was a lull in the action, he asked the little smarty pants how she liked his Tomcat. Missy looked him square in the eye a stated in no uncertain terms "If it ain't a Phantom, it ain't sh*^".
Well you could have heard a pin drop on that busy ramp! The young pilot looked at his back seater, they both looked at me, and we all looked at my darling little tyke with horror. The some what taken aback flier asked me if I was a Phantom driver to which I had to confess I was not, I was but a lowly USAF Staff Sargent crew chief on a crash truck. He was most impressed by an 8 year old kid's apparent loyalty to an aging airframe. We got the pic and I apologized to the Navy guys and made our way down the steps and wandered off to find Mom and our infant baby girl, all the while feeling proud that my kid new what was the best aircraft in the world!
Cheers!
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:26 PM UTC
:-) the Dryer!
well being jsut about out of my "kid" days now ( some would call it adolensence, teen years, hell i still like calling it Kid!)
i can still remember some of the things i used to get up to myself, and still do :-)
hmmm lets see....
ruining a 200 dollar VCR by stuffing my toy "Gumby" ( remembere that tv character) inside the thing :-)
apparently mum took it to the repair dude, and he was suprised to find the lil green to staring at him :-) :-)
most of the other things ive done have just been plain stupid, or totally wacky, which i wont go into, LOL...
like going snake hunting in the "outback"...in a Go-Kart :-)
Plan was as soon as me and my buddy saw em we would jsut steer in its general direction, heres a tip, dont veer of track to persue a snake...when your in a forest, tends to be alot of trees and...well u get the idea :-)
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 08:47 PM UTC
These stories are all so great :-) :-)
Heres mine,
When I was about 3 or 4 I had this blue teddy the was quite big and him and I were unseparable.
Will one sunday Mum took me to Church with this bear because I wouldn't leave him at home. Half way through the Church service I stood up on the Pew and took aim at the altar with with Teddy bear and started shooting it up. Even with sound effects bang bang bang bang bang. Lets just say I didn't get to see the end of the service and was a very bored boy for the next few days :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 12:23 AM UTC
I have no kid stories..... I have no kids...... and I was born bald, and toothless..... and I'm still bald and toothless...... bet I die bald and toothless......... !!!!!
I was born old and grumpy....... and I'm still old and grumpy......
Hope I die older...... a lot older........ :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
GI_Babycakes
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
entire network: 451 Posts
KitMaker Network: 158 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 06:44 AM UTC
awww grumpy old man, do you have one from your own youngun days???
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 07:11 AM UTC
Only if the statue of limitations has run out....LOL :-) :-) :-) :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 07:38 AM UTC
Still avoiding that process server for the court ordered paternity tests, eh?
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 08:02 AM UTC
My darling daughter always cracked me up when she was young she was an avid reader, one day we were driving past a building site( Construction) there's a big sign Warning Heavy plant crossing well i see she had read it saw her brow crease"dad" that was it I couldnt stop laughing all I could see in my minds eye was a huge oak tree crossing the road.another time we were driving through a district called Barking there wasan advetisement board BARKING TYRES she's looking at it brow creases "dad" hysterics again.shame they have to grow up
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 11:55 AM UTC
Aside from my son who is now 7 but in his younger days referring to the Empire State Building as the entire state building, and Santas elves as Santas olives, my daughter Montana, at age 3 or 31/2 was sitting on the bed while my wife was nursing my newborn son . Well he fell asleep and my wife wanted to know what time it was, not wanting to wake Jake up, she asked Montana to go into the kitchen and come back and tell her what numbers where on the microwave, she knew her numbers so 2+2 =4 my wife will know the time , well Montana came back and said " yep mom you where right, there's numbers on the micromave" ah the best laid plans. Now my son has this bad habit of pressing buttons or pulling switches [ weather they say danger nuclear reactor or under no circumstances press this button] and then asking me " hey dad whats this thing do " dooohh, ah kids can't live with em -pass the beer nuts. -Cheyenne
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 12:30 PM UTC
Oh yea I forgot there was also the time my son told a policeman in school who was doing some kind of drug and alcohol speeches for his class, that when asked what his dad did for a living my son tells the policeman " oh my dad works at the Light House Tavern every Fri. and Sat. night for a couple hours " I live in a small town and everybody knows everybody so luckily I just had to put up with a merciless ball busting for a month or two. Gee it was really fun being pulled over by my cop friends every Fri. and Sat. night so they could ask me if my shift at the Light House was over!! - Cheyenne
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 01:37 PM UTC
When I was 10 or so me and my older step-brother convinced our 5 year ols sister that if she put her barbie dolls in the closet that they would have a party while she was sleeping She went and did as we asked While she was asleep we'd sneak into her room and rearange the dolls She actually thought that they got up and moved around We did this to her a few times until we got caught one night

Two of my younger sisters used to put up notes to our mom on the fridge They's write "Dear mommy I love you Do you love me?" They would have a yes or no box One saturday morning I checked no and went up to my room My sisters saw the no box checked off and I could hear them up in my room saying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH MOMMY DOESN'T LOVE US ANY MORE!!!! I was laughing my butt off

Now ya'll may think I am a mean so and so When I was a young villian wanna-be I would set up those plastic green army men in my room in a neat row I'd step out for a few minutes and one of my sister's would step into my room and knock them over

Verie sad :-)
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 01:48 PM UTC
This past Christmas when my sisters families and I were at our mom's house two of my nieces and one of my nephew's were in the spare bedroom upstairs playing The tv was on and a football game was on My stepdad put his movie camera up there and they didn't know about it at first Well Jake and keleigh (nephew and niece) were watching the game and talking about football while the camera was on

Jake turns to Keligh and asks her if she knew why the Steelers are called the Steelers She says no to which he replies it's because they steal the ball a lot
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2005 - 05:47 PM UTC
:-) :-) :-) Chad you mean fella, tickin the no box, what a good one!
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2005 - 04:03 AM UTC
Well..here is another one from my kids younger days...

One day my kids were out playing in what we called a "play room"..This room was actually a room that had been built onto the back of the house as an extra work/utility type room. In the room there was this big upright freezer. Now..the freezer was not in use, and was unplugged from the wall.. Anyway..the kids were playing away as i cooked dinner. The room they were playing in was adjacent to the kitchen..so i was able to peak in on the kids from time to time as i cooked. At the time, Brad was about 6 and Joey was 4 almost 5. On one of my check ins..i noticed that my youngest son was missing..he was no where in the room..so ..naturally i started searching the house over..lookin in closets under beds..etc. Then I started questioning my oldest as to Joey's whereabouts...he said Joey had went outside..Now we lived in the country..so..you probably could imagine my hysteria at this point....Searcing endlessly outside..screaming and yelling for my son. I was just about at the point to call 911 when i came in to find my oldest son laughing ( a devious little lol). So i grabbed him up and told him if he didn't tell me where Joey was at..i was gonna paddle his bottom...Well..he finally broke...and said..hes in the playroom..in that big box....OMG...my heart felll..as this had been about 30 min. looking for him..i ran to the play room..and pulled open the freezer door...and there ..laying on one of the shelves was Joey....grinning from ear to ear...He just looks up at me, and says...Heyy Mommy:)...
Needless to say...Brad didn't see much of the play room for the next few days...and the old freezer...was padlocked...

Mary
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 04:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

one winter, when my daughter was 2-3, she was at daycare standing next to the fence in the playground watching the bus take the kids away to school. i dont know exactly how it happened, but she stuck her tongue on the fence and got it stuck. she was ok, nothing a little ice and tylenol couldnt fix , but she had little red marks.

i remember playing outside, and sticking my togne on a light post... got stuck indead, we have cold winters in quebec... then if that wasnt enought... comign back from school... yes, you guessed it, tried it out once more. on another pole, got stuck and i struggled to get of when i saw my moms car turn in the road... riped my tongue of... yes, plenty of blood and pieces of skin on the post) you saw the pieces for over 3 years lmao)

Frank
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2005 - 05:06 PM UTC
When I was younger I, constantly being a schemer in those days, managed to convince my younger brother that dimes were worth less than pennies. Pennies were larger, and a different color, so therefore they must be worth more than the dime. He bought into my logic and explanation. I then told him that because I was such a nice older brother, I would give him all my pennies in exchange for his dimes. He did this, and I made a bit of a profit off the deal. We still laugh about some 15yrs later.