Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
From joy to despair in 10 sec.
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 02:37 AM UTC
A week ago, my wife told me she would take a few days vacation, so she and the children could drive to her parants and stay there for a few days. Don't get me wrong, I love my wife very much and i love my children more than life it self, but just once in a while it is very very nice to have a few days by your self. I had it all planed out. A lot of modeling, loud music, even more modeling, dvd movies and perhaps a few friends could come over need I say more.
But today my wife told me she had changed her mind, she would stay at home and (this is where it gets depressive) her parents would come and stay with us for a few days instead. ARRRGH the pain, the pain.
I could have had a few days home alone, but now I get a few days(forever) with my mother in law. It's unbearable.
It took my wife 10 sec. to tell me that, hence from joy to despair in 10 sec.
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 02:44 AM UTC
James: Why didn't I think of that. I'm sure there's a modeling convention in Greenland.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 03:40 AM UTC
So sorry to hear of your news. I'm lucky, my wife and her Mother can't each other so the wicked witch of the west never visits. I feel your pain though. Maybe now would be a good time to put in some overtime at work?

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 06:58 AM UTC
In ye olde yonda days of youth there was a song......
"Mother-in-Law"........
"We'd have a happy home....... if you'd just leave us alone....... Mother-inLaw......!!!!"......
After a few years of marriage, I got along better with my mother in law than my ex-wife...... she always took my side in every arguement....... Heck.... she knew I was always right....... :-) :-) :-) :-)
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 07:34 AM UTC
Man i feel for you mate what a bummer,good luck while they are there...you could get ill and stay in bed out of the way..just athought
Cheers Chris
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 07:45 AM UTC
familys great, but spending more than a day with them is a Pain in the ass.

Quoted Text

After a few years of marriage, I got along better with my mother in law than my ex-wife...... she always took my side in every arguement....... Heck.... she knew I was always right.......

dave, youra lucky man, my gf's moms always say iam wrong, lol

Frank
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 07:48 AM UTC
I understand you sentiment... about twice a year, my wife take my two young boys for a week's visit to family... I immediately schedule a matching period of vacation time from work, then just putter around the empty house with my cat, working on dioramas, models, loud war movies (in slow motion!) and watching sports on TV... does wonders for the marriage, and I get a LOT of modeling done.
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 09:58 AM UTC
Hwa-Rang - you have my deepest sympathies. My wife does this to me constantly. Builds me up all week, then voila, the special day rolls around she's changed her mind!

Funny thing is, it's too quiet around here without the brood! :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 14, 2005 - 10:08 AM UTC
SO SAD>>>>SO SAD>>>even though we are now divorced I call her mother MOM and her Aunts still is AUnt June