Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Product recall
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 09:36 PM UTC
How true is this?

caution a few swear words so only look if your not offended but it is so true
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
entire network: 3,377 Posts
KitMaker Network: 925 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 09:41 PM UTC
lol - well, there normally no smoke unless there is some sort of fire...

:-)
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 10:04 PM UTC
Maybe Mondeo's can be recalled to fit their drivers with a brain......only somebody without one would buy one.

Great stuff Davy!

Vinnie
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 11:09 PM UTC
Please don't get me started on indicators.. When I'm not building models or getting under my wife's feet I drive a truck. Car drivers are a nuisance at the best of times, but indicators seem to have become an optional accesory on most cars, especialy on roundabouts... Good link, I'll print it of and hang it in our transport office tonight.

Two wheels good, four wheels bad
fourteen wheels best :-)

10-4 good buddy :-) :-) :-) :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 12:30 AM UTC
And I thought it was just a problem with BMW's imported to the United States...... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 12:59 AM UTC
So true Davy, I see this every day - applies mostly to BMs and Mercs, but in general to every company car.
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 01:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe Mondeo's can be recalled to fit their drivers with a brain......only somebody without one would buy one.

whoah there! i drive a mondeo, admittedly an estate version ther not as bad as all sorts of others i could mention i.e. old people in skoda octavias, timid women in puntos, and the ultimate nightmare, chavs in badly modded corsas
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 01:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

When I'm not building models or getting under my wife's feet I drive a truck. 10-4 good buddy :-) :-) :-) :-)

So you're one of the people that adds 10-15 minutes to my journey time every day! All single carriageway A-road except for one section of about a mile up a 1in11 hill - my Rover gets worked hard overtaking all those oversize tin-cans getting up there each day! LMAO

(only joshin' mate)
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 02:41 AM UTC
Yeah, my poor 'Joe Blogg' Astra, compared to a BM or Merc, has the full option pack. WORKING INDICATORS!
:-) :-)

Quoted Text

Car drivers are a nuisance at the best of times, but indicators seem to have become an optional accesory on most cars, especialy on roundabouts...

Henk, the door swings both ways! Recently a Truck was tailgating me flashing lights for doing the speed limit in a construction zone! He won, because of a LARGE weight advantage (about 30 odd tons)! :-) :-)
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 06:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So you're one of the people that adds 10-15 minutes to my journey time every day! All single carriageway A-road except for one section of about a mile up a 1in11 hill - my Rover gets worked hard overtaking all those oversize tin-cans getting up there each day! LMAO

Affraid so Dave, although I drive at night, mainly down country lanes. Problem is you see, maximum speed for trucks on (single carriage) A roads is 40 mph. Although you wouldn't know that from the speed the average truck will do . In the past the police would exersise their discretion if you were speeding with out beinng stupid, but in our locality the p... police are having a crackdown on trucks at the moment, booking drivers for minor speeding infringments and things like not wearing a seatbelt. So at the moment my limiter (cruisecontrol) goes on 40 mph, and if there forms a qeue behind me, sorry, not worth my licence or the fine. The law may be an ass, but it's still the law..

Quoted Text

Henk, the door swings both ways! Recently a Truck was tailgating me flashing lights for doing the speed limit in a construction zone! He won, because of a LARGE weight advantage (about 30 odd tons)!

This happens Eric, to often and it's idiots like that that that give drivers a bad name.

Cheers
Henk
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 06:28 AM UTC
I was only winding you up Henk, you guys have a job to do like anybody else .
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 06:43 AM UTC
Don’t worry Henk, most the truckers are good guys, and a lot more road conscious than the rest of us.
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was only winding you up Henk

I know Dave, no wories. My work doesn't take me past Southampton at any rate. From your description , you're not talking about the A21 are you? Or the A23?

Reason I explained the 40 mph thing, not because I got the hump, but just in general, people don't seem to realise that that is the maximum speed for trucks.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know Dave, no wories. My work doesn't take me past Southampton at any rate. From your description , you're not talking about the A21 are you? Or the A23?

A272 & A29, Horsham to Bognor
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 02:46 PM UTC
What the heck! are those? lol, i dont even think ive seen anyone use them in quebec. last tiem my couzin came over, hes was 20, had a brand new car, and he wasnt used to quebec winters(comes from toronto) and got at my house late and so pissed because he nearly had 2 accidents because no ones used them lol

Frank
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 12:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How true is this?

Oh how true-!
Sorry to come in a bit late on this one, but I've been 'dahn London' for the past few days. I thought it was just me being sensitive to BMWa***rs... but at last! it's official!
But to be fare, BMW drivers do own the roads.
I drive a Fiat Cinquecento, and rank probably at the bottom of the pile- I think I become invisible once the ignition's on- epecially to cars pulling out of junctions in front of me! Mind you, I use to drive a 2CV, so maybe I have a complex.
On the subject of truckers, back in my hitching days I used to love getting lifts from truckers; sitting up high in the cab, air-conditioned, comfy as can be, good crack, best cafes. Ah them wuz the days.....
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:46 AM UTC
Ere,you go easy on us Mercedes drivers. did have a good chuckle at the link though.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 08:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

[
I drive a Fiat Cinquecento, and rank probably at the bottom of the pile- I think I become invisible once the ignition's on- epecially to cars pulling out of junctions in front of me!

As well as my big Rover we have a classic Mini Cooper - Know just what you mean about being invisible! People always underestimate the speed that the Cooper is approaching them as well - ours is the 1300 fuel-injection model and is quite quick.
dogload
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 585 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

People always underestimate the speed that the Cooper is approaching them as well - ours is the 1300 fuel-injection model and is quite quick.

That's the problem, but sadly I can't even show 'em a clean pair of heels with my sad little 900cc. Good mileage though!