Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
2005 Ford Mustang
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 12:18 PM UTC
Hi , Anybody have one of these cars? Driven one or have one on order? Been looking for several months for something to replace the pickup with in order to hall the grandkids around in a safer manner, according to the 'bosses' and was to the Ford dealer the other day and looked one of these new Mustangs over. Guess I'm into my second childhood, so to speak. Still like the extra ponies under the hood, big tires and throaty exhausts of the 1960s.

At a business up the street there is somebody who much work there who owns one of the GT models in the dark blue color. Man is that one sharp machine.

Anyway just thought I would check to see if anybody on here has had any yearnings for one of these or has one and what they think of it.

Thanks and take care, girty
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 12:42 PM UTC
my 1st car was a '72 Mustang with a 302 Boss. It was a p.o.s., but at that time the car was already was 16 years old with several hundred thousand miles on it. It, however, would haul a**. I think the 2005 Mustangs look totally awesome and from what I have read, have a totally redesigned suspension to go with the new retro look. I have not test driven one though They look just as cool on the inside. If all you are going to do is scoot around with grandkids the V6 model should be good enough :-)
Seriously, I would wait a year to see that the new models follow though without any major recalls, etc. and then jump on-board when they start unloading all the 2005 models in the fall for 2006. Who knows, by then Ford will probably have an SVO, Boss, or Mach 1 on the blocks and then you will really want one :-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 01:14 PM UTC
My wife has an 02 Mustang and is Frothing at the mouth for the convertible 05!!!!! For her to get this 'jacked' over a car is an amazing statement of its design.
From what she and I have read the base model 05 puts the 04 GT to shame. So if you don't need a full on V8 and an extra 50 horse power, got with the V6 and spend the extra money on the interior bells and wistles. Did you see where you can customize the interior light color behind the dash - nice touch.
The car is 6" longer and a bit wider giving it a nice easy fast ride.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 01:19 PM UTC
I'm looking at one. I have a Mercury Capri convertbile with less than 15000 miles on it that I'm selling this year. Been thinking about dropping it on a down for the new 'stang
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 01:59 PM UTC
HI. The saleman I talked to the other day about one of these cars said that they expect the price tag to be going up quite substantially here come the warmer months, or the next model year, as Ford just introducted this car at this lower price to get in ahead of the other much higher-priced sports vehicles on the market. Now this may be just hype too, being a salesman and all, but this car is about $10,000 cheaper than the Pontiac GTO as it stands now. (I think the new GTO is a real bummer for what it costs.) So this line of thought seems reasonable. Possibly.

Yes, the V-6 would be just good enough for an old 55 year-old grandpa to cart the kids to school and make a weekly run to the hobby shop, and the saleman said that the V-6 definitely has more power than what a person would expect out of it, but it just don't have that 'rumble' that the GT Mustangs have to them. They have that certain sound about them, like the Harley Davidson has in motorcyles you know? And if I'm giong to be spending over $20,000 on a car, why not go the extra couple thousand for something that reminds me of the 'good old days.' Ha, ha!

So I think I'll probably had to take that test drive here before too long and see if this cures the 'fever' or not, which at the moment I doubt very seriously. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this so the grandkids will have a safer ride. Ha, ha, ha!

Take care, Sgirty
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 06:23 PM UTC
I would love to have a 2005 Mustang, but a brand new Mustang cost more than 110000$ in my country.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 07:30 PM UTC
Tomorrow I start my new job...

...importing Mustangs to Denmark. :-)

Jim
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 07:48 PM UTC
In Denmark there's a 180 % vehicle registration tax and on top of that 25 % sales tax. So when we buy one car, we pay for three.
Gasolin is 1.44$ for 1 litre of 95 oktan unleaded.
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 05:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

HI. The saleman I talked to the other day about one of these cars said that they expect the price tag to be going up quite substantially here come the warmer months, or the next model year, as Ford just introducted this car at this lower price to get in ahead of the other much higher-priced sports vehicles on the market. Now this may be just hype too, being a salesman and all, but this car is about $10,000 cheaper than the Pontiac GTO as it stands now. (I think the new GTO is a real bummer for what it costs.) So this line of thought seems reasonable. Possibly.

Remember he's a sales man and he wants you to buy the car now..their is no way that Ford will raise the cost of the car to match the GTO (which looks like a grand prix, not a GTO from the 60's) when it get warner out.

There are some issues with the car...first off the GT model is very hot and hard to get (lasts like 2 hours on the lot) and if you order one its been hard to get the Aliuminum interior upgrade package, since ford wasn't expecting this big of a demand for it.

I'm planning on getting an 06 Gt in the fall since they dont make the color I want for it this year and its a confermed that htey will make the color i want for the 06 model year.

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 06:21 AM UTC
I agree with the post above. The saleman is running a line of BS. Price is likely to be higher early on as the demand for the first ones out is highest. He also wants to sell off the lot, rather than take an order since the profitr comes sooner from selling what's in stock.

I've read a bit about these acrs and the overall buzz has been good. I'd do a search for a Mustang discussion group and see what people who own them are saying, though that may be somewhat prejudiced, you get a general idea if people who just bougth them are getting what they expected.

That said, I've seen a deep maroon GT driving around town and it looks and sounds great. As someone who just last year got a car I've admired for a long time, I'd say do your homework and go for it if the reports sound good.
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 06:46 AM UTC
not to take away from this thread, because I do like the new Mustangs, BUT - truth be told - this is the Mustang that I want:

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/default.aspx

ummm yeah - must have. C'mon Lottery!! Come to papa!
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2005 - 09:08 AM UTC
Hi, Yes, have been doing some reading over on the Mustang forum groups and there rating seems to be overall pretty good. About the only things that I've heard bad about th car is that it's kind of hard to see the guages, what with the big spokes on the steering wheel and the lines on the speedometer are not represented very well. Also something about a blind spot back by the little back window, of which all cars basically have to some extent. But even the people who voice bad points about certain aspects of the car, they still seem to rave about the overall appearance and appeal it has to the older Mustangs, and how much better it seems to be than the older GT models of the past few years.

Priced one out on the Net. at around $25,600 MSRP, plus tax of course. (Standard shift, bright aluminum wheels, sports interior package, is just about it.)

I guess the real maker or breaker will be just to go and test-drive one of the regular Mustangs to see just exactly what I think of it, how it handles, etc. Either I'll fall in love, or that will be the end of that. Haven't owned a Ford since I had a 1971 Maverick. That's been some time past.

For some reson I'm kind of drawn to the Lime Green or Light Blue color. Sort of understates the car to some extent.

Take care, Sgirty
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 07:12 PM UTC
I want one...My wife wants one...

It is the BEST modern retro design yet (IMHO). Everytime I see one I'm stammering and pointing like a kid. It really captures the lookof the old ones, without looking trendy.

Jim

Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 07:15 AM UTC
Saleen has already gone to work the 2005 Saleen Mustang wil be available in June oh they just bumped it up to about 500hp 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. :-) oh yeah
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 07:47 AM UTC
Guys, I had a 96 GT which I absolutely adored. But, it got killed by a Suburban. I replaced it with a 98 GT which is virtually the twin of my 96 (other thanpaint color

If I were to win the lotto, I would take $200,000 cash walk down to the dealer and pick up the new Mustang GT and of course that sweet little replica of the GT-40. I heard that the new GT is so bad-*ss that they didn't do a Cobra, so while I would never have anything less than a GT, I use it (used to race Porsche in my younger day) I don't race, but I know how to deal with power. If you don't need the power, don'tget a GT. This puppy will get away and kill you so fast you can't believe it. I know what my '98 will do and I am extremely careful with it

I told my niece who just turned 15. There are three things that are always cool no matter what the fad is...Levi regular jeans, Harleys, and Mustangs. So yea, get a PONY
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 - 11:16 AM UTC
my mom had a burgundee 1964 mustang when i was a wee one, parent liked it but cost to much for maitinence and stuff, and about the car prices in Denmark, holy smokes! :-)