Place your announcements here please.
New Italeri website
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 08:43 AM UTC
Italeri have new website: http://www.italeri.com.

Not much new information there, but the layout and design is much better than their old site.

Pawel
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 09:01 AM UTC
intresting new site,I think that italeri missed the boat buy not doing a ariete and letting trumpeter beat them!
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:06 AM UTC
Italeri puts out some decent kits that with a little work build into nice models.

My biggest complaint with Italeri are the tracks they include in thier armor kits. They need to at least use the type of material (Santoprene?) that Tamiya uses for thier tracks.

That would make them easier to assemble and paint. Re-working the mold inserts to make the tracks more accurate wouldn't hurt either.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:15 AM UTC
Frames....yuck. And the site is pretty slow here in the US. You would think with their resources they would have a really nice Web server.

Jim
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 11:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Frames....yuck. And the site is pretty slow here in the US. You would think with their resources they would have a really nice Web server.

Jim

Now Jim don't be catty. :-) Maybe you should send them a resume? Besides, maybe they're saving their money and using it to develop new models? One can only hope.

cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 12:10 PM UTC
Ooooh... 1/9 scale motorcycles. I'd like to get my hands on those Ducati & Agusta models.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:21 PM UTC
My computer is slow all the time anyway, so this site seemed just as fast as any other to me, and I liked the way they showed the box art of every model so you can tell exactly what they look like if you don't know for sure, what they looked like.

I thought this site was all in all pretty good. Like I didn't know it was the M110A2 they were making now, there I thought they had brought the M107 back.

Now I agree with the ones on their tracks, that something needs to be done about them, you can make the rest of the model into a good enough model, but there is nothing you can do with them tracks, all the other companies have been improving their tracks, it is about time Italeri has done something in that line to help improve their image.

I also agree with Warhog on the Ariete, that Italeri shouldn't have let trumpeter beat them to the punch on building this, with them being from Italy, and that being an Italy made Tank. This just don't sound patriotic to me.
Kerry
 _GOTOTOP