_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Home Page
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 04:37 AM UTC
Is anyone else having problems with having to log in twice to get from the home page to your focus page? Every time I click on to the site now I go to the home page and not to my focus page. Then I have to log again again to get access. Also the site is very very slow again.
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 493 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 05:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

s anyone else having problems with having to log in twice to get from the home page to your focus page?

Normally, I don't have that problem. What I've done is my focus page as a favorite. That way, when I click on Armorama bookmark, I go start to my focus page.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
entire network: 5,329 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 05:58 AM UTC
Same thing for me as far as the homepage is concerned.
As of today, my favorite directs me to the general homepage and not my focus one. I don't know why but I applied the same medicine as Manchu34, I changed my favorites
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 06:14 AM UTC
IF you clear your cookies you and relog in you will be back to normal. However those switching sites between english and other language version (via the URL not the pulldown) will have issues. I was trying to fix the latter but then screwed up the former last night.

So back to square one.

Jim
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 06:34 AM UTC
Mine's doing that as well, straight to the home page. But I have to say it's no bother as I always go straight to the forums and then 'latest posts' anyway.
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 09:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

IF you clear your cookies you and relog in you will be back to normal. However those switching sites between english and other language version (via the URL not the pulldown) will have issues. I was trying to fix the latter but then screwed up the former last night.

So back to square one.

Jim

I have cleared the cookies three times today and it will still come up to the home page. And when I click on my Armor focus I still have to log in again.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 09:57 AM UTC
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/kill_cookie.php

That should work I have tested it 3 times now. I don't have my theme set to a focus page though and there were already some glitchy things going on with that before I did this stuff.

Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:02 AM UTC
Uggg...yeah I see that happening with a theme set as well. You know I think I may just kill the theme selection anyways. Now that the unique URLs are working for that a user can simply visit the site he/she prefers most. The only theme I would leave working would be the Dial-up option.

Jim
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,936 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 10:45 AM UTC
Jim - I noticed this the other day too and compensated by switching to the direct URL. I think this is working great and would agree with dropping the theme selection, it's just extra code to maintain now that the direct URLs exist.
 _GOTOTOP