TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Best fps
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 11:42 AM UTC
Hey guys and ladies. i was wondering what your perfect fps would look like! i mean, its crazy you buy a game thats totaly awsome, but somehow is missing something you'd like it to have!

To me, something like COD but the ability to drive things and have the type of missions like battlefield 1942 has as instand mission, and the type of mission COD offers in campaigns. and for the plane control, something easier than hte one on battle field!

Frank
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 02:36 PM UTC
i'd like a ww2 fps where you could be the germans playing in a single player campaign...to me it is biased to have all the other nations playable in single player. i know its probably because the allies won the war and "didnt do any atrocious things" but thats something that doesnt need to be talked about here.
so just playing as a german in fps would be cool.

edit: canadians on allies, sorry i forgot about that
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 03:17 PM UTC
havign an option between germans and russians and americans and brits and yes, CANADIENS would be sweet, re creat histoical battles. or mayeb some mode were if u loose u loose and u must go on, kind of a re-creation of ww2!

Frank
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 08:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

i'd like a ww2 fps where you could be the germans playing in a single player campaign...to me it is biased to have all the other nations playable in single player. i know its probably because the allies won the war and "didnt do any atrocious things" but thats something that doesnt need to be talked about here.
so just playing as a german in fps would be cool.

Yes well, try to convince the game developers, because games in which you can play the winning side of the war (so the Allies) sell lot's of better....like sex and violence do (and that why you either get a very good game or a lousy game that sells good after all because it has one of those 2 things in it, which makes the developers think they made something good aaaahrg )

But back to the FPS....

I'd like one in which you really get the feeling you're just a small part of something big. Operation Flashpoint did this already, where you were just a regular soldier, but most of the FPS are games in which you're almost on your own, because your on special op #9654.

Still, COD is a fine shooter, probably on the most fun games I've played so far.

Now let Battlefield 2 come! haha

Greetings,
Martin
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 02:49 AM UTC
I loaded BF 1942 and tried to play it for about a week and uninstalled it. Worst. Interface. Ever. Never could figure out how to fly the damn planes.
COD and the Ghost Recon series rule. Simple interface, good graphics and excellent single player mode.
Doom 3 and Halflife 2 also rock. If you haven't played these you owe it to yourself, trust me...

Shaun
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 03:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I loaded BF 1942 and tried to play it for about a week and uninstalled it. Worst. Interface. Ever. Never could figure out how to fly the damn planes.

I didn't even give it that long. I think mine was on the computer for about 2 days.

I really am fond of most of the Resident Evil stuff - if you are looking for a non-ww2 1st person shooter that has more to it than shooting.
FNC1
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 58 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 03:27 AM UTC
Well, I like Hidden and Dangerous because its Commonwealth commandos. Its great to be able to use our own weapons and kit. (Though they have an american bazooka instead of a PIAT gun, bugger). I also like the Canadian Operatives2 mod for Ghost Recon. Because....its Canadian! (you can use the FN, Diemaco C7, C9, the C3, or the old sterling!) For non FPS the best has to be Combat Mission. It has a full range of Canadian troops and vehicles including badgers and kangaroos! The little stalingrad campaign (Ortona) rocks! Its infinitly expandable and has its own scenario creator. Now...if they could come out with a good Canadian mod for MOH....that would be sweet I guess they could call it Victoria Cross?

Cheers Keith
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 07:24 AM UTC
Glad to see there are others frustrated with BF 42. I'd get out there, always seem to be out of range with my weapons, in range of theirs and being shot from parts unknown. It felt too random and unfocussed.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 07:42 AM UTC
lol, keith, your one hell of a real Canadien lol :-)

same here about battlefield, it pissed me off not to have real mission like iam used to, there freaken campaigns are the same as instant mission! and the graphics... suck! but i mean, its pretty inovative in the way you control your enviroment a lot more than in other games

Frank
FNC1
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 58 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 03:12 AM UTC
I agree about BF1942. It actually feels more like an arcade shooter then a mission based game. If anyone knows of any other Canadian/Commonwealth based games or mods Id love to hear about them!

Cheers
Keith

phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 629 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 04:09 AM UTC
My perfect FPS is something like Ghost Reocn 2, a realistic military shooter that places you in a squad of soldiers with a realistic objective. However, the one thing that every single squad based FPS is missing is a good storyline and an excellent presentation of that storyline. GR2 was unique in that it was set like a History Channel type documentary and honestly was the closest to being my perfect FPS. Halo 2 is tied with GR2 in what I want an FPS to look like (good story, good presentation, realistic weapons, etc.) but the involvement of the Elite warrior took away from the Chief too much.
My 2 cents...
Kyle
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 04:31 AM UTC
I have issues w/ the Ghost Recon stuff as well. I just can't get into any game where the mission success is dependant on your A.I. temamates - they always find a way to get killed and thus you lose. Not very good or realistic IMHO.

The flip side would be the Delta Force games where the ENEMY A.I. is like going through a warehouse full of manakins and beating the T total crap out of them :-)