Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Thank God...
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 04:04 PM UTC
Out on a limb here...willing to be shot off the branch, smacked or whatever.

I sincerely want to express my deep, heartfelt admiration for the Iraqi people who defied the scum who threatened them, and voted for FREEDOM today, my admiration for our troops who enabled it and for the Iraqi troops who defended their first vote in MANY years.

Yup...hard to beat a day like this! I tossed and turned through the night with the TV on all night, waiting for whatever awful deed would be committed...and awoke today with goosebumps, literally! Sorrow for the Iraqis and Coalition troops who gave the final full measure in order to make it a reality- your scarifices will not be forgotten!

Jim
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 07:51 AM UTC
i can only agree my friend thats why were out there isnt it. When i think of the sacrifice made by so many for the right to vote and I see people not bothering in my own country I get a bit annoyed.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 07:54 AM UTC
i was watching a special report on wounded soldiers from the states, saw there family and friends cry, and all they had to go throught, living hell is the apropriate term. by voteing for freedom, these was heroes died for a noble cause.

Frank
11Charlie
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 926 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2005 - 04:51 PM UTC
We had a local boy, who was a medic, killed in an explosion after being assigned guard duty at one of the polling stations.
Puma112
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 322 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 09:35 AM UTC
I think this vote touched a lot of lives. Hopefully we can finish what we started and move on. Lots of bad guys in the world need our attention in more and more places. Iraq has taken the first steps into standing on there own two feet. In case anyone has not noticed this, there people are dying just as fast and faster than ours...Hopefully now it will become VERY personnel for them. It was a great day for the free world... now I wonder what the rest of the Middle east is going to be thinking (I get my vote when king???)?