_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby Lobby sale?
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 02:42 PM UTC
Anyone know when the next 50% off HL sale will be? Was just curious because I stopped in there the other day to pick up a few things and noticed they had a much smaller selection of military vehicle models this time around. Almost like they plan on removing them from the shelves, they have plenty of aircraft and automobiles though.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 03:40 PM UTC
Pretty much the same thing in the three stores here also. The only new military kits I've seen there are a 1/48 Merkeva (sp) by Academy, and a 1/35 M1 also by Academy. Other than that the same old same old. They do seem to be leaning more toward planes than tanks.

As to the next sale they seem to normally have one around early March, just in time for my birthday.

tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 04:10 PM UTC
I talked to my friend the owner at the hobby shop says there's alot of wholeasle company's resuppling from overseas due to x-mas because when I tried to order stuff they were out of most of it.

But they told him they should have some stuff in soon so thats just what I heard.

Happy Modeling
(++) #1:35
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 11:21 AM UTC
Yep the Hobby Lobby here is nearly out of military models and their car and airplane selection is growing. I don;t know if they are going to stop carrying military armor, but it sure looks like it. And Hobby Lobby is the only hobby shop I have that is local, even the military paints are low on stock.

Dave
humveeman
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 02:17 AM UTC
my local hobby lobby just restocked there paints but i have noticed a bit that the models are not as good as they have been the most i have seen latly are old germany models and not too much esle ,btw my local hobby lobby just aint right with customer service in fact they are very poor on it
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 09:17 AM UTC
Somehow I am not surprised at all to hear this - I remember when my wife told me that she drove by a store called Hobby Lobby. I was so excited that I got in my car and drove out to see it for myself. The store was still under construction I drove back home and looked them up on the internet only to become more dissapointed as they looked like a "Micheal's". I ended up going there when they opened to find myself surpised becuase they had DML on the shelves along with Tamiya. The paint selection was a little better than avergae as they had Testor's Model Master series in addition to the regular square jar stuff. As time wore on - 3 months? All the DML was gone and I have not seen one since - it is just the same 'ol tired lot of Tamiya kits and nothing else. I will go by there tonight to see if the situation has further deteriorated.
 _GOTOTOP