_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Tamiya New WorkStand
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 02:31 PM UTC
Tamiya Craft Tool Series No.64 (ITEM 74064) I was wondering if anyone heard about this and if it's in the states yet because I found it on the Japaneese web site " English " part.

It sounds pretty cool but it's a little pricey at about US $ 112.00 bucks. I have a big CPA desk I got from my uncle when he retired so I have a big enough space now.

But I would like to do some stuff while watching TV in living room.. What would you guys do. Because I don't have a magnifying Lens so that would be the biggest plus and maybe the hobby Mat because I don't have one of them either.

Thanks

Happy Modeling
(++) #1:35
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 09:42 AM UTC
That build looks very nice, you even have a food area have to have that because if not I would go crazy but thats just me. The upper half looks awsome I need one of them that would give me alot of extra space. I also like the knife I used to collect them years ago.The cabinets would be usefull but my wife puts are bills and stuff in the ones I have. So I might try what you did and put them on the side for paint jars and stuff, msg, etc.

I am working in a extra spare bedroom with a old CPA desk it's like 4w'-6l' flat area.I have a light that pretty bright but would mind a magnifying lens for some of the same stuff.It's pretty big but I was thinking about useing the WorkStand in the living room to watch Baseball or TV on the coach instead of always being in my room.

Happy Modeling
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 04:05 PM UTC
Ok; ZzZGuy ; Sorry a CPA desk is a 4 foot by 6 foot oversized desk so they have a big area too work on Taxes; contracts stuff like that.

I was trying to find stuff like that but I am limited to a wheelchair so my range of stuff is hard to come by because my wife works night so I don't have any one to drive. I also tried the internet and things where expensive so I thought that might would be cool tamiya work space. It's a little pricey also so I would have to save for it.. But cutting wood and stuff wood be tough it would take me forever to do it but was just wondering if it had all the tools I need to have on a portable work space.

Happy Modeling
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2005 - 04:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

o, another cheap option is to get yourself a big cutting board, a tackle box, and a bottle for the brushes, and you got yourself a mobile model station.

Yep, Get a oversize cuttingboard and hot glue some small organizer trays to it......and a Clip on Battery powered Light........ may be cheaper........
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 01:57 AM UTC
I personally think it's a little over priced for what you get. I sure a little careful thought, and creativity, you could come up with something better, for a lot less cost. Also seems a little confining for such a large work space you have.
You can pick up a good size self-healing mat, for around 20 bucks at Staples, a magnifying lamp, for about the same at Staples.
 _GOTOTOP