Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Women and travel
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 10:16 AM UTC
Is it just my imagination, or do women pack wayyyyy too much when going on a short trip. My wife travels for her job, and a 2 day trip entails enough luggage and logistical support for a battalion deploying for a 6 month tour of duty. Last trip (2 days) it was 2 large suitcases, a makeup bag the size of a kitbag, laptop computer, briefcase, and a lunch box that would make Jethro Bodine proud.

I love her dearly, but I'm getting a hernia schlepping this stuff to and from the car and up the stairs.

0:-)
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 10:27 AM UTC
Your observations are correct. My wife packed enough clothes for herself and the kids so as to fill the rear half of our van. "You never know what you'll need" "You can't predict the weather" are two of her lines for packing her entire closet for a weekend trip.

I feel your pain! Right in the lower part of my back!!!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 02:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

your whife doesn't read these fourms does she dave ...........

if she does she might realive she aint going of in the middle of the yukon for the rest of her life

Hmmm, the only time we leave on trips are for summer 4 wheeling. spend 2 weeks up north riding trails, and with a dirtbike, and 3 fourwheelers, for a pickup and a trailer with 5 kids and food for 2 weeks when you eat like a pig, no place for the extras, you live on the strict minimal lol

Frank
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 04:01 AM UTC
Women in general (no offense to the ladies out there) pack and need far more than men do, I have a house full of women and when we go some place I feel like we are moving. If you are married you know ... just look at the bathroom counter and all the stuff they need to get ready just to go to the store! I don;t know what 90% of the stuff is that they use. Bottles, cans, spray bottle, stuff in tubes and jars ... who knows what's there. I have a toothbrush and a razor and spend more time looking for it than I do using it.
I own 3 or 4 pair of shoes my wife and daughter have 100's I swear they have 50 pair of blue shoes and CLAIM they are all different colors. And I do not know how many times she has come home bi**hing about have two shoes of different colors on, (looked the same to me.) so I make the point if they are that close to the same color, WHY have two pair?
Oh well part of the joy of living with women and if you haven't noticed women are bigger slobs than men are, they leave stuff everywhere.
Sorry ladies, I have over 20 in with them I've earned the right to say this.

Later
Dave
TheMadMax
Visit this Community
Germany
entire network: 206 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 05:14 AM UTC
this year when i drove to the wacken-metal-open-air with my girlfriend i needed 1 backpack beacause it were just 4 days, but she in her invincible wisdom needed 3 suit-case. and this is just the beginning, know about 10 storys like this. perhaps womans think they are going into a war, or to hell or out of the matrix
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 5,182 Posts
KitMaker Network: 242 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 06:29 AM UTC
Right on TARGET James!!

:-) I second your remarks

Skipper
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 07:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I swear they have 50 pair of blue shoes and CLAIM they are all different colors. And I do not know how many times she has come home bi**hing about have two shoes of different colors on, (looked the same to me.) so I make the point if they are that close to the same color, WHY have two pair?

Better watch out there Dave. Don't you have more than one jar of different paint colors? I know I've got at least three Olive Drabs. Not to mention all the folks who have every different Tiger Tank put out by every different model company out there. If we're going to point fingers at our lady friends we better watch out.

betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 11:23 AM UTC
The beloved, the 3 kids and i went to her dads in Dorset for a week, so i hired an estate car thinking i can take my fishing rods and tackle, guess what, fat chance, by the time she had loaded 4 suitcases, 2 holdalls and the telly and video there was no room. A telly and video for petes sake, where supposed to be on holiday. I give up, now i just do as i'm told.
Puma112
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 322 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 01:55 PM UTC
Mine also USED to pack really crazy. I slimmed down the load in two ways. Firce was SHE carried the luggage, VERY unmanly of me, but the point was made quickly. The secone was that WE had to share a case for a trip. Just one for both of us on a 3 day junt...and I get half. OK she got a little more thn half, but not much. She has really come around and now asks what is available at the location we are going. If its family, then there is a great chance there is a hair dryer, etc. So yes she supports me greatly in more then just modeling...Thank God!

Tracy
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2005 - 03:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I swear they have 50 pair of blue shoes and CLAIM they are all different colors. And I do not know how many times she has come home bi**hing about have two shoes of different colors on, (looked the same to me.) so I make the point if they are that close to the same color, WHY have two pair?

Better watch out there Dave. Don't you have more than one jar of different paint colors? I know I've got at least three Olive Drabs. Not to mention all the folks who have every different Tiger Tank put out by every different model company out there. If we're going to point fingers at our lady friends we better watch out.

True but you're talking about something important like paint and the right tint for the era. :-) And I have yet to have a model clash with my purse. :-)

I'm kidding you know that right? I did happen once.

Later
Dave