_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Confused Casting Resin Question
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 05:40 PM UTC
I have some what figured out what products to use and even how to build the box.

The Question is when you mold a humvee door is it the same procedure used to do a torso from a figure. Is it a 1 piece cast or a 2 piece mold or mold 1 side first than the other side.

The other confusing thing is the weapons ring for a tamiya humvee there's raised detailed that I think will have the resin peice to be locked into place without ruining the mold. I think I should do it in a 2 piece mold but not sure. Has anyone ever molded a weapons ring.

Or a gunsheild I scrap build I think it would be easier to mold it than to scrap build it again.

Happy Modeling
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 07:38 PM UTC
Show me some pics and I will guide you through it.

Steve

tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 09:51 AM UTC
I have to get a digital camera, I have been saving for awhile so before the end of the Battle of the budgle I should have a camera.

If I did I would have run out of space on my gallery by now. But I'll try and use are film camera to post picks since I am disabled I can get out that easyly to have tem devloped.

Happy Modeling
Tom
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 10:58 AM UTC
Tom, depending on the part is will dictate as to whether or not it is a one or two piece mold. If there is detail on both sides that you want to capture, then a two pice mold is the way to go. I have done some figure torso's in the past using just a one pice mold with vent channels added to allow the air to escape. I'm not sure what it is you are trying to cast, but picstures would be a big help. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP