_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
MH part 2 (from the desk of your mod...)
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:12 PM UTC
Howdy fellas

it has been awile since the last time i check this community.
Just to share my furstation while i in MH yesterday.
BEfore this i want to get the T34/76 badly and when MH was on SALE last month, the kit was gone. I asked then about availability of this kit and they said it was gone forever....
yesterday i found the kit.... man i really frust...based on my previous experience with MH i knew that they did hide some good kit when they have sale.... i dont know maybe i'm too paronoid or something else... arggghhhhhh..really tensen man!!!

btw, i do notice a few faces....maybe some of us here was there without knowing the fact that we knew each other here...maybe later we could post our photo here.... but yesterday i noticed a malay guy with nice looking girlfriend in blue...hehehe...
but i think i saw Alan aka floggen in a distance....is that u Alan yesterday at MH???

well....catch u later

edit : dah pebetulkan T34..hehe
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 03:41 PM UTC
Wooo, your frustration really shows man....to the point that u typed T-32 instead of T-34! I was at MH on Thursday 15/1 and I saw that T-34/76, make that 2 maybe 3 boxes of it. Tried to find a bottle or two of thinners and cements but all have been sold out. Managed to get a Super Etendard, F-111, Sea Harrier and a MiG-23 though.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 03:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wooo, your frustration really shows man....to the point that u typed T-32 instead of T-34! I was at MH on Thursday 15/1 and I saw that T-34/76, make that 2 maybe 3 boxes of it. Tried to find a bottle or two of thinners and cements but all have been sold out. Managed to get a Super Etendard, F-111, Sea Harrier and a MiG-23 though.

val...sampai hati....tak sorokkan that T34...
memang frust giler man!!!!!!!!!!!

amazinglym they did appear after the sale period.........
floogen
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 108 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 05:39 PM UTC
Sorry to hear about your frustration, Sil
That wasn't me at MH - I haven't been there in quite awhile now...must be another guy heh..

Oh yeah I forgot - I need to go check whether I have those spare tracks you asked about - do you still need them?

Adios amigo!
Alan
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 05:54 PM UTC
Alan,...

yeah i need the spare tracks...but would them fit aaa??? my kit was DML ...
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 175 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 12:29 AM UTC
I wuz at MH too sometime end of November. What I like about the kits on the shelves are that the first one is opened to show what's inside so one knows what one is getting. And the store 'boss' is friendly.

I don't want to be too critical but one thing I'd like to say about M'sian hobby stores ( incl the Penang one )......not enuff professionalism. Some store assistants wouldn't give you the time of day. Don't they realise that not all are casual shoppers who come only to gawk at the displays. Also, it's always 'don't know' and 'out of stock'. Not enuff finishing products and having one too many of one thing and none at all of the really essential stuff. Restocking is poor, like the more they sell off the better and daren't take in more. Perhaps we here should set up a consortium of sorts - run by modelers for modelers 'nuff said.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 12:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I wuz at MH too sometime end of November. What I like about the kits on the shelves are that the first one is opened to show what's inside so one knows what one is getting. And the store 'boss' is friendly.

I don't want to be too critical but one thing I'd like to say about M'sian hobby stores ( incl the Penang one )......not enuff professionalism. Some store assistants wouldn't give you the time of day. Don't they realise that not all are casual shoppers who come only to gawk at the displays. Also, it's always 'don't know' and 'out of stock'. Not enuff finishing products and having one too many of one thing and none at all of the really essential stuff. Restocking is poor, like the more they sell off the better and daren't take in more. Perhaps we here should set up a consortium of sorts - run by modelers for modelers 'nuff said.

Yo Patrick..

i totally agree with you....
the same lame answer like " we dont know" , "next month" and "out od stock" is their typical answer la.... i think i heard more than 100 times already la...(not in MH only...) They cant promise u anything............

me too, have the idea of bukak kedai run by all of us....i mean dulu i was dreaming about opening a shop with my buddies.,.....then we will know what we need..........
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 01:04 PM UTC
And then we end up being our own best customers! Pat, this sounds mean and harsh but that Penang is reeeeallyy NOT a pro! Yeah, when I drop by in KL usually I couldn't get what I'm looking for.....or that the timing is off like when I was in KL during the last week, HHQ said that their stock of resin cockpits and seats would only be in next month! Arghhhhhhhh

Er Sil, I nampak that T-34 after the sale la!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 01:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

tu la pasal!!!!
hobby shop in KL very mysterious.... good kits will tiba-tiba hilang during sale period and reappear after that........
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 02:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And then we end up being our own best customers! Pat, this sounds mean and harsh but that Penang is reeeeallyy NOT a pro! Yeah, when I drop by in KL usually I couldn't get what I'm looking for.....or that the timing is off like when I was in KL during the last week, HHQ said that their stock of resin cockpits and seats would only be in next month! Arghhhhhhhh

Yeah......'mean'.....but deep down I know a shop won't work. Think paying overheads for a select few who drop by just to buy a propellar ?!!!! Aiya...bankrupt, man. Operating from the garage kinda thing is more feasible. Most important is to find a reliable supplier who can offer good prices and shipping rates. Stock only a respectable number of popular kits but more finishing products especially glues, primers, putty, paints ( blacks, whites and primary colors ) gloss and flat coats and a/b spares etc. Have a combined ordering service periodically for other expensive and less sought after items. Set up an a/b booth for rental to encourage more who might feel the pinch taking up the hobby. Have advisors on hand who can be contacted under short notice either by e-mail or cellphones to guide the newies. Bulletin board for members to exchange contact, ideas and swap kits.

Just letting folks know what I hope to see happen but I doubt it'll materialise. One thing I can to say for sure though. If more of our youths were to take up this hobby
the lepak problem will be greatly reduced coz all they'd have time for is to bury their heads in their workbench ! No need to curfew them. No need for national service. They'll 'imprison' themselves happily. Not forgetting this hobby can become profitable too. Malaysia's cottage industry : churning out built scale models for the international market ????

So there...said it....and as usual, first sign of mob violence I'll be heading for the hills...... again.
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 02:34 AM UTC

Yo Patrick..

i totally agree with you....
the same lame answer like " we dont know" , "next month" and "out od stock" is their typical answer la.... i think i heard more than 100 times already la...(not in MH only...) They cant promise u anything............

me too, have the idea of bukak kedai run by all of us....i mean dulu i was dreaming about opening a shop with my buddies.,.....then we will know what we need..........
[/quote]

Thanks. Not often people agree with a nut like me. About the 'consortium' thingy, do read the reply I sent Valkyrie. As for your mysteriously appearing and disappearing T34 ( or was it T32 ), it can't be help coz it's in their nature ( part of the battle tactics ). Ask any survivor of Von Paulus' 6th Army who were at Stalingrad !!!!!! :-)
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 03:40 AM UTC
Patrick I found the part where you said about heading for the hills at the first sign of mobs, really hilarious. Your 2 cents worth about hobby stores was also funny and unfortunately sadly true.

But then what can you expect from a country which would easily be voted as the highest plastic user in world (i.e. just buy anything from pasar malam to packed lunch) BUT we cant even GET ANY D**M STYRENE.

Okay before I go ranting about styrene again, just to let you plane lovers out there know. Hilmi, over at Kg. Baru gave me a call last Saturday and told me he had new stock in. According to him he took in mainly planes and has even got the olde M'sian F-5. Not promoting or anything but just in case your interested. Might want to call him though before you make a trip to the "armpit" of KL. His H/P is 012-9320494.
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 06:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Patrick I found the part where you said about heading for the hills at the first sign of mobs, really hilarious.

Thanks. Better safe than sorry.....

Your 2 cents worth about hobby stores was also funny and unfortunately sadly true.
But then what can you expect from a country which would easily be voted as the highest plastic user in world (i.e. just buy anything from pasar malam to packed lunch) BUT we cant even GET ANY D**M STYRENE.

I forgot.........the tax for plastic is high and bank charges to clear foreign checks we receive from sold and commission builds borders on absurd......no, make that ridiculous.

Okay before I go ranting about styrene again, just to let you plane lovers out there know. Hilmi, over at Kg. Baru gave me a call last Saturday and told me he had new stock in.

Oh.........someone selling lah......good, good....

According to him he took in mainly planes and has even got the olde M'sian F-5.

Malaysian markings too ? I doubt but hope...This is on my want list.

Not promoting or anything but just in case your interested. Might want to call him though before you make a trip to the "armpit" of KL. His H/P is 012-9320494.

:-) :-) :-)

Oh yessir I'm interested, thanks but I just got three 1/48s and have some builds to complete. I''ll check out his stuff though and perhaps if funds allow...........( it's a sickness ).
Very rare go anywhere let alone KL. My workbench is where I live....period. Honest to goodness, to be able to 'lepak' IS A LUXURY !!!!!
 _GOTOTOP