_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Midwest Products Co. Inc. plastic products
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 03:03 AM UTC
I was only able to get one item cause the rest was out of stock at Hobbylinc.com, but to what I found out they are from the Netherlands.

So I was wondering if anybody from over there ever use this product, cause most I talked to here hasn't even heard of them.

Now they seem like they are very concerned about the customer, cause what I ordered was 3 angle styrene .040" x 13" which came to about $1.69 but on the stuff they had the same as plastruct, and evergreen, they seemed to be a little cheaper.

Maybe this is a sales I don't know, but the container the plastic came in is what really surprised me, it is 131/2" long rectangular tube 10mm x 6mm hard plastic to protect them with a hard plug to pull out on each end.

All the others give is a sheet of cardboard wrapped in a plastic bag, and on one pack of my real thin plastruct rods I got they got all kinked up in shipping. They are kinked on one end only so hopefully I won't need that long of a rod.

Now if Plastruct had shipped in something like Midwest Products, they would of never even been hurt.

So what I was wondering was, is there anybody from the Netherlands that has used their products, and if so do they treat you the same over there with wrapping your plastic so good, and for a little less money. Or is this just a get acquainted prices I'm seeing.
Kerry

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 06:15 AM UTC
Kerry,

I know that K&S brass ship they're Brass sections like you describe But it's the first i've heard of a Plastic company doing it......... I've seen their ads but ahven needed any plastic yet.....Plus the LHS actually has the Evergreen line in stock..and will order Plastruct for me...... If i get low on a bunch I'll have to look into it.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2005 - 01:51 AM UTC
I had never heard of them before this either, and I had no idea what they were like, so I was just going to order what the other plastic companies didn't offer, but it seems somebody has been ordering, cause I was only able to get one of the items I ordered, the others were out of stock.

But like I said I was really impressed with the package it came in, there is no way your plastic could get hurt, unless it was total abuse. But it would take one heavy hit to smash the tube. I don't think I can squeeze it by hand at all. Well I tried and it springs right back, and I could only squeeze it a little in the middle.

Kerry
 _GOTOTOP