Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Emotionally moved.....
husky1943
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,305 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 10:21 AM UTC
Ciao everyone,
I was patrolling on post last night when I stopped by the gate to check on the military kids. I was speaking to a Marine Sergeant named Ken who said that he was just back from Afghanistan. He was fit and well, and I told him that we are all of glad that he is back home and that we are all so proud of how they are doing over there. I wanted to hug him, but I didn't. I then thought of all the coalition military that never get a mention in the news anymore. I mean their are British, Italian, Polish and other nationalities that are endevouring to end this war.
Then I read the story of the young Marine that supposedly died by suicide by cop in California, and I feel so bad for all involved in that incident. I am a police officer, but I feel sorry for the young Marine who was so confused by what he had experienced in Iraq that he would have committed such a crime. I was in for Desert Shield/Storm/Southern Watch, and it was different then. I think I have just grown emotionally weary of this.
Politics are for politicians. I just wanted to say that I am very proud of all the young men and women in the military and that they are doing a wonderful job for their country. I am also thankful for the Allied troops that are sacrificing their time and lives for our country. God Bless them all!!!
Thanks for letting me vent.
Ciao for now
Rob
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 05:42 PM UTC
Very true, we dont hear much about Iraq at all anymore, unless there is another suicide bomb or wha have you...
dont forget us Aussies are there as well
cheers
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 07:00 PM UTC
Nice post Rob...
Far too often those who are serving are forgotten.
They should be in our prayers, and thoughts, each day, plus expressing a grateful thanks for serving, not only in time of war, but peace also.
So much easier to protest, than thank those that protect your right to protest..
So much easier to complain, than thank those that protect your right to complain.
So much easier to forget.... than to remember.

Reguardless of what service, what time period, or what Nationality, every servieman/woman should be thanked, and remembered by their country, for their service to their country.

OK... I'm getting off my saop box now.

andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 - 08:41 PM UTC
Amen to that!!!!!!!,
Though I maybe from New Zealand and we haven't really taken a big role in the "war on terror" But I appreciate very much what the soldiers are doing in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Thank you guys!!!!!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 06:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Far too often those who are serving are forgotten

no better word to say it, i doubt there havign a fun time over in irak, and if they could would rather be home with there wives and children but devot themselves for our safety

Frank