Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
heads up Bad Buyer on e-bay
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:08 PM UTC
Guys a heads up this time about dodgy buyers ,
this saga has been dragging on for months now,they guy hasseled me almost everyday ,and made my mum quite ill ,i tried reporting him to whoever i could and no one was interested including e-bay,hes a modeller so watchout for him here, the guys trouble causer ,and for Gods sake dont let him have your e-mail ,p.m.s me if you need a name i wont stoop to his level by naming him publically,
the guy bought a 1/16 kirin Kubelwagen of me ,
he then said it didnt arrive so ,i checked my p.o. docket ! ...item delivered (it was recorded folks )! , he then says hell give me until midnight tonight to refund in full .YEAH RIGHT !
so he gets my goodies and gets them free! i dont Reckon!
so tonight he leaves me bad feedback ,
this moron finally got his own way ,
and its nothing short of black mail .
so just to give you good chaps in this world a heads up ,
do not let him into your life ,...
this rant has been brought to you today by the letters M for Moron and I for Idiot .please feel free to insert your own profanity . :-) Wow i feel better now thnks for listening chaps,
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:19 PM UTC
If you have a delivery ticket what's his problem?
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:24 PM UTC
this is EXACTLY why i dont use ebay
and thats all i'm going to say
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:26 PM UTC
I/ve just stared to use the wonderful medium of Ebay (the world at your door, ...I hope not) I have just sold my first model via ebay, and sincerely hope the buyer is happy with it, regardless of the feedback. I'm in two minds about this 'feedback' on ebay, as I have heard about people trying to get more from you in return for their feedback, or not posting feedback untill you have posted yours...( Oh, fond memories of the shoolplayground spring to mind..) Well, as I see it, unless your negative feedback is something like 70 % or more I think the same goes as when you go to a shop: some people have a good experience, some don't. If somebody makes their decision to buy a model ( build ones by the way, I'm not a 'shopkeeper'..) on my 'score' rather than the model itself, I'd rather they don't buy it at all. From what I've seen most of the feedbacks seem to be rather repetetive (i.e. standard, without thought) anyway.
Yo Kenaz, if you recon I should know about this one, please PM his ID to me, cheers.

Henk
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:36 PM UTC
A couple years back I ordered a $200 stereo system from ebay. We sent him the money, and till this day we have yet received the package. As far as im concerned e-bay is full of some nasty bull spit. Bogus!
steeldog51
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:50 PM UTC
well harrison i have met some great guys on e-bay sellers i buy from regularily and sellers the same unfortunatley your right there are "undesirables"
on it too unfortunatley e=bay does nothing to protect good guys from the odd stray " bullet" and thatswhat sucks especailly when you add up the yerly feesyou give them !
Henk p.m. sent bud
i would certainly block him .
?Alan your guess is as good as mine mate
many just use the crap feedback sytem to rob you blind if i'd have given him a refund he would probably still have left bad feedback
couldnt win so i was going to make damn sure he wasnt going to get free goods! which is what he wanted , thanks for replying mate
this is great therapy :-)
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 03:30 AM UTC
its pretty sad how ebay makes all kind of money.
and when people do bad thing ebay refuses
to help.
this is not the frist time i heard about ebay not
helping there sellers and buyers.
what up with this.
people should ban ebay.
ebay sucks
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

its pretty sad how ebay makes all kind of money.
and when people do bad thing ebay refuses
to help.
this is not the frist time i heard about ebay not
helping there sellers and buyers.
what up with this.
people should ban ebay.
ebay sucks

Honestly, what can Ebay do! It is very difficult for them to physically investigate claims. It is someones word against yours. The feedback thing, well, it has it's faults but all in all, it works pretty good and the majority of users respect it and use it properly. The majority! There are a few bad apples that spoil it though for the whole bunch. Sounds like this buyer is one of those baddies.

Steeldog, if you already left feedback, I would suggest that you respond to his negative (you can do that you know) by saying something simple like Item was shipped and received tracking # scam artist

Or something to that effect.

I have been using Ebay since day one and really, I have made money and got some awesome deals as a buyer! Only been burned once or twice but it goes with the territory..

Yes, Ebay has some faults, but all in all, it is a good place to buy and sell.

steeldog51
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 05:56 AM UTC
Hi steve yeah i did respond
its true for the most part as usual it only takes the odd "bad apple" and it brings down the whole system,
I love e-bay i have such fun and made tons of great friends .
my regular customers know what sort of seller i am thats why i have only 4 bad againt over 1,000 good comments it just makes me sad to know that after giving what i would call exemplary customer service and being freindly and honest ,people still want to activley rip you off ,
this case was more about, that he got the goods and wanted them scot free ,and i refused to oblige ,so he decided to slap me , all one can do is block them as a bidder and keep going ,and remain truthful to your regulars and honest folk alike .
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 08:23 AM UTC
Kenaz,
I know how you feel mate we lost some money due to an Ebay auction. Can you PM me his details? I am looking at sticking a few kits on soon and would like to know who he is

BTW why not report him to the police as if oyu have proof he got the item he's either trying to commit fraud or obtain money by deception either way the police will have a feel for his collar
steeldog51
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 10:22 AM UTC
p.m on its way Davy
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2005 - 02:41 AM UTC
Problem is, it only takes a few bad apples to make it seem bad for everyone, or turn off those that were skeptical to begin with.

I just started selling a few kits here in Canada, and I have a buyer from the UK (which is where I assume this Bad Apple is from based on the location of the topic starter) so would like to know if the names match up.....lol....PM on the way!!