_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Forum Search Malfunction Junction
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 06:22 PM UTC
Ok in an effort to avoid starting new thread after new thread I try to search the forum for questions likely asked (axed) in the past. However when I click on any additional page I get this message ....

" You will need to enter a search term for this search."

I did enter a search term and I had 4 or more pages listed but I am only able to view page one. If I click on 2, 3, 4, etc I get that message.
On the forum search page itself I see above the forum search dropdown ....

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/armorama/public_html/modules/SquawkBox/search.php(315) : eval()'d code on line 1"

No idea what that is about.

One following idea which I know should be in Site Talk but while I'm on the subject .... bare with me, please

I know we have "/features" and lots of really good information there, I was thinking (yes it hurt a little) that the site would be nice to have a "Quick Tips" section some place to compile in orginize the tons of tips and trick sprinkled heavely throughout the forum. Those short one liner, short paragraph tips that get right to the point. like "Wash resin parts before painting for better paint adhesion" or "Common drafting circle templates work great for masking tires, when paint wheels." You know tip such as those, as I have seen the same request for certain information repeatily while looking for information myself. I could expand on this idea in Site Talk if you wish.

Anyway just an idea and a request to why is the forum search doing that? What's up with the malfuctions and strange messages?

Thanks Dave
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 04:12 AM UTC
Having the same problem.....
with the search at bottom of page.
The Google seems to work though.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 04:44 AM UTC
It's an issue with the translation system. I will get to it.

Jim
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 03:43 PM UTC
Jim
Please let me know when you have time to fix/check/tweak it as of right now it is still doing it.

Thanks for your hard work,
Dave
pprimus
Visit this Community
Slovenia
entire network: 32 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 04:51 PM UTC
Hi.

I noticed this problem too, but I have a solutions for searchers. In the search page select from language drop menu "Select a Language" instead of "English" or whatever it is selected at first.

_GOTOTOP