TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Call of Duty Players out there????
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:59 PM UTC
I received the PS2 version of Call of Duty for Christmas and almost every night have spent considerable time in front of the television, trying to win the Russian campaigns. Well last night I took out the German airfield and now - On to Tunisia.

Any players out there. The graphics on this game are OUTSTANDING to say the least. Driving the T-34 took some getting use to. It quite something to take out the enemy with MG, Main Gun or Running Them OVER!

Anywho - anyone else playing? Let me know what you think.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 02:38 PM UTC
I keep looking at the Xbox version although I have both XB and PS2
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 04:35 PM UTC
How is this game in comparison to medal of honour?
I play that a lot, but am not a great player. I bought a few games and cant get past the first stage, so its a bit boring and feels like a waste of money. The medal of honour level is perfect for me. Im getting closer to the end now!
I have seen ads for the game (COD) and have been very tempted, but hopefully will get some feed back first! Cheers!
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 04:35 PM UTC
yes i've played the call of duty on my pc & it was a great game, with better graphics & storyline than, say, medal of honor... but the game is SO tough that i lost count the number of times i died just to complete 1 mission

.... btw which part do you think is the best? i love the stalingrad bit.. plenty of sniping oppurtunities..!
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 04:47 PM UTC
I really liked MOH Frontline, but MOH Rising sun was real simple. Finished all of the section in less than a weeks worth of nights. Matter of Fact - when the credits started rolling I tought the disc was messed up - It couldn't be over.

COD - is MUCH tougher. I stop counting the number of time I have been reborn. Although sniping is fun, I liked the tanks.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 04:55 PM UTC
Thanks Frank.. thats the answer i was looking for. I´ll probably still get it sometime. Sniping does sound fun!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
entire network: 3,377 Posts
KitMaker Network: 925 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 07:14 PM UTC
CoD got me much more than MoH - i have just finished the expansion pack (allied assoult ? ) for PC, and that is really intense with loads of enemys and prolonged battles.

Other than that - HL2 rocks my world!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 01:58 AM UTC
I mostly do online and multiplayer rather than the single person missions. Have you tried any of that? Is it eeven available?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 01:58 AM UTC
I finished COD on PC about a year ago. Had a great time with it. The only complaint I had was the start of the last mission, Russians in Berlin. The compass directed you into an impossible spot where you could not survive, but ignoring that allowed you, with some effort, to get through and onto victory.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 02:57 AM UTC
COD is a great game, haven't played it in a while though since I reformatted my drive months ago. Need to reinstall it, maybe we could get an Armorama COD night going for PC players and one for Console players. I don't have it on the console (just can't do shooters on consoles, doesn't feel right without mouse/keyboard lol).

Anyone interested?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 03:05 AM UTC
Got myself a copy of CoD in PC. Finished the US mission in just an hour and another for the British. It took me 2-3 hours to finish the Russian mission (that building just before the tank battle was tough. Defending it for 5 mins seems like 15 mins of firefights).

I like CoD better than MOH. The physics, graphics and AI is better (and you're no one-man hero in this game) . Haven't tried MOH: Pacific Assault but many gamers say it comes close to HL2.

Am still awaiting Battlefield: Modern Combat and Battlefield 2
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 04:41 AM UTC
Howdy fellas,

I LOVED Call of Duty!!! Played the pooparama out of it. But had to delete it from my hard drive to make more room for all of my Battlefield 1942 / Desrt Combat files (computer was beginning to slow down too much).

I actually like CoD better than BF '42, but I can't get enough of flying Apache's, driving Chally 2's, or actually sneaking up on the enemy's aircraft carriers in a submarine........what can I say?

To Moezilla: That is a fantastic idea about an Armorama Gaming Night! We could all play CoD (I suppose i could reload it), or maybe even Battlefield 1942. The CoD tends to be more of the repetitve 'run and gun', while the BF '42 games are more opened up to the use of the vehicles in the game.
Man....I'd just LOVE to be able to put an HE round through the side of ShermiesRule's tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaahoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Tread. :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 08:52 AM UTC
Well I don't have the PC version. I supposed I could get it but I would prefer a console version. That reminds me I gotta decide if I want to renew my Xbox live.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 09:14 AM UTC
Hmmmmmm you bring up a good point Alan. I wonder if both console players and PC players can play together?

Personally I can't play console games.....it's the controller, my thumb muscles just lock up after about 5-6 minutes of play!

But I guess we would need to take a poll of how many members are interested first, and then proceed to whether the preference is console or PC.......

If the answer is console, then maybe you can put that round through my hull Shermies! Because you would definitely have the advantage....

Tread.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hey hey hey! Do I hear a BF'42 game night? :-) That would be soo cool. Me and David Brown (lestweforget) had been playing BF1942 and BFV during nighttimes. We need more players! :-)
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
entire network: 3,377 Posts
KitMaker Network: 925 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 11:16 PM UTC
I am ready for a night with BF42, Desert combat and BFV.

Anyone know about a mod for UT2003/2004 called "red orcestra" - Its a ww2 mod - and it rocks!

Other than that I play CS 1.6, CS:CZ and CS:S in a "clan" - we have a number of great servers running -
http://www.clan35.dk

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 11:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am ready for a night with BF42, Desert combat and BFV.

Anyone know about a mod for UT2003/2004 called "red orcestra" - Its a ww2 mod - and it rocks!

Other than that I play CS 1.6, CS:CZ and CS:S in a "clan" - we have a number of great servers running -
http://www.clan35.dk

Yep. Knew about that mod for UT2k4. Haven't bought a legitimate game cd though :-)
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 12:37 AM UTC
I played Call of Duty on PC about 6 months ago and also finished the expansion pack United offensive a few weeks ago.both were great...especially the Russian parts are very good.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 02:57 AM UTC

[/quote]

Yep. Knew about that mod for UT2k4. Haven't bought a legitimate game cd though :-) [/quote]
It's OK you dont need a legit copy of UT2k4 to play red orcestra or loins den the SAS mod for it

Got call of duty for the Xbox played it on xbox live looks like fun but not as good as MOH Stalingrad and the destroyed village were my favorites
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 03:16 AM UTC

".....Hey hey hey! Do I hear a BF'42 game night? That would be soo cool. Me and David Brown (lestweforget) had been playing BF1942 and BFV during nighttimes. We need more players!........"

Howdy Shonen,

Let's not lose this thought ....an Armorama BF '42 'Game Night' would be a GREAT idea! In fact, just to get the ball rolling........
I will start a new thread and start putting this idea together!

Tread.

BTW, shonen, what server are you and lestweforget playing on now?
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 01:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW, shonen, what server are you and lestweforget playing on now?

I usually host up the server. Playing 1 on 1 and with bots is fast, but when there's about 10 orm ore human players, the game does lag a bit. How bout we put on a dedicated server?
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2005 - 02:24 PM UTC
CoD is a great game, but a bit short (two nights to beat it) I do have the expansion pack but haven't had time to really play it.

Like said before, all my PC time is sucked up by HL:2 and the new version of CS. God the graphics rock.

But in the end, I spent countless hours playing MoH online and it will always hold a special place in my heart!
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 05:44 AM UTC
I haven't played BF1942 in a while, will have to reload it and have some fun with it again. Also going to have to reload COD and get the X-Pack as I've not gotten it yet.

Maybe in the next couple of weeks we could plan a Friday night, late night COD fest for anyone interested with just people from the Big A!
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 10:02 AM UTC
I have COD and COD:UO on my pc. Very nice games, very filmatic haha. But I like that!

Greetings
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 10:50 AM UTC
Cool. anyone else interested in a Big A COD night?