_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Model Grass using things from home
meir
Visit this Community
Ashdod, Israel
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 09:41 PM UTC
How do I model grass from things at home. If I don't have any model shop in my house
mastertyno
Visit this Community
Porto, Portugal
entire network: 339 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 12:56 AM UTC
Viva...

Well, you can use those very cheap brushes, that you can buy in every craft shop, or even in supermarkets... all you got to do is paint their bristles and them cut it to the desired height... That's what I do, when needing grass, and buying some small bags from Woodland Scenics or Busch turn out a little expensive just to use in one specific diorama...

Hope it helps

See yaaa
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:10 AM UTC
Ola Meir

The "Brush" grass that Mastertyno is reffering to works very well. I have used it in my last dio named : Gold in the Junkyard.
You can see it here:

I didn`t paint the brushes in this case but I simply cut the off the brush and glued bundles of them in place with ordinary white glue

AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:30 AM UTC
Another really cheap option is to buy a metre of hemp rope from a local hardware. Cost you a few dollars a metre and comes in various grades and colours.
And all for a few dollars!
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 259 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:34 AM UTC
The brush method works very well for tall grass. For low, green grass, you can use sawdust. I mixed sawdust with some tempera dark green poster paint and water to dye the sawdust. It takes quite a bit of time to dry out, and the pigment may not be that strong, so you may wish to re-dye it. Then apply to dio.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The brush method works very well for tall grass. For low, green grass, you can use sawdust. I mixed sawdust with some tempera dark green poster paint and water to dye the sawdust. It takes quite a bit of time to dry out, and the pigment may not be that strong, so you may wish to re-dye it. Then apply to dio.

what if you accumulate saw dust, and stick it to hte dio with white glue then paitn it with an ab?

Frank
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 11:01 AM UTC
You can also use various seasonings from the kitchen. Italian seasoning makes a good trampled and summer-dead grass. I'm sure there's more out there.
Rick
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 02:42 PM UTC
Shhhh! I never said this. But, the field grass we pay big bucks for is hair! So, I get all I want from my barber. Fine, straight hair from a ponytail (they often hang on the back wall) is a lifetime supply. Straw colored, light brown and even blondes that spent too much time in a pool with chlorine (light green)!

Sealhead
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 - 12:23 AM UTC
Also u can locate some center with horses and get all the hair u need from there. Works fine . Hemp rope is also too good!!!!!

Jeff nice tip the one u told us !!!!
 _GOTOTOP