_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
chains
Minky
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 103 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2005 - 10:18 AM UTC
hi i was wonderin if i wanted to chain a model down for example a monster chained to the ground how would i do it? wouldnt the chains move around a lot? thanks for the help. Danny
heer7
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 16 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 03:00 AM UTC
Fix the model to the ground some how, and then use PE chains I suppose?

cheers

SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 03:19 AM UTC
Depending on what size chains you need I know that they sell them in the model railroad section of most hobby stores...maybe those would help?

Sean
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 03:44 AM UTC
Don't get chain from a hobby store. Go to an arts & crafts store like Michaels or AC Moore. In the jewelry sectio, you'll find all kinds of chain.
Attach the monster to the base with superglue or epoxy. Now you're going to have to get creative. Decide where the chains are attached and create an eye bolt with copper or brass wire. Add the length of chain you need to this and however you want the creature secured. If it's struggling against the chain, use just as much as you need to get a good taught length. If it's resigned to being chained, the chain can be slack. If the chain is going across the monster, a tiny drop of superglue or epoxy will fix it in place. You may need to retouch the glue, however. Or you could use fine wire to make an attachment and drill a hole in the monster to secure the chain in place.
 _GOTOTOP